Be a Good Assignment Writer Yourself - Useful Tips from AU Expertsby Sophie Williams SEO executive
It is fun to study with friends in schools, colleges and universities laughing and spending a hearty time. The tough times comes during exams where the students have to study hard and score good marks. Another tough time is when the teacher gives assignments at the end of each semester or course or module. This is tough because the students find tough to choose a topic, do research on it, and compile all information and structure it. Due to this most of the students seek the help of a professional assignment writer whose work is to do everything and provide a final copy to the students in exchange of a certain amount of money.
Today, due to this there are lots of assignment help sites that mushroomed. They have a pool of these writers. This helps a student to find help easily because the sites take all the responsibilities of the delivery that too within the deadline.
Though it is not easy to be an assignment expert, however, if they try then they can do an assignment by themselves to a certain extent. In the case where the deadline is too near and there is no time, then few tips come very handy to do an assignment properly. It is not only about following the tips but also implementing them properly.
- Read the topic properly. As soon as your teacher gives you the topic for your assignment, go through it properly. Go through all the instructions that come with it. If you are not able to understand anything, ask the teacher. There is no shame to clarify your queries. This will help you to understand what exactly you have to write for your assignment.
- After you get the topic and you are done a reading, spend some time going through the supportive items that are needed for the topic. See much data you can collect. Through this, you will understand whether the topic is a suitable one to proceed with. This will also save time because once you have started with a topic and after a certain time you get stuck and you fine there is no more material, you have to start freshly again with a new topic and going through the same process again. That will be a sheer loss of time.
- Knowing what the teacher wants and how he wants is very crucial. So be attentive in class when he is instructing. Follow his words carefully. In this way you will exactly know how to proceed with your assignment.
- Start with your research. A typically well-researched original assignment is what the teacher wants and he appreciates it. You will learn to interpret, compile and analyze data. You will also learn to use proper terns and language and also proper methodology. While doing this work, it is a good point to set you aims. Then you will know which direction to move. Look through all sources of information that you can put your hands on.
- Do not sit with the whole assignment on a single day. Break down your assignment into smaller pieces. Also check with the deadline. Divide the time left into smaller hours. This will help you in effective time management as well. For example: allot two to three hours each day as per your need to each segment of your assignment. In this way the work will proceed smoothly and effectively.
- Sit and give time to think before starting. Think critically as well. It does not mean to criticize but it means to analyze the topic, raise questions with supportive evidence and facts. This way you will understand what process to follow to achieve the aim that you set. Also see to the fact that the data that you have researched links to the topic as well.
- Write down all the material that you have got with proper information on the sources. This is because when you write the arguments in support of the questions raised, it is obvious you will quote sections from all the sources that you found while researching. For this you have to provide in-text citation which is one very important part of your assignment without which the work is incomplete. Also you will have to provide a list of all the citations used at the end of your assignment which is called a reference list. It is a general tendency that most of the time numerous sources are missed from quoting just because the student did not remember to take proper notes of the sources that he used to build his assignment.
- Before starting to process with the writing, make a draft first. Write down all the headings and sub-heading. Briefly note all the points that you are going to provide in the assignment. This will help you to stay on the track and you will not get lost. Also this will help you to maintain continuity between the paragraphs. You will also understand how to put the data in a proper order so that the assignment will progress properly and not be haphazard.
- Give examples, provide tables and charts, and include diagrams in support of your evidence. This will help in good illustration of the arguments and it will make the reader understand better what you want to write.
o Once done writing the assignment, get two or three days break. This will help you to revise your document better to point out mistakes and issues. Check for spelling mistakes as well. They are the worst mistakes that you can make. It is better to take a rough printout and proof read the document. You can also write small notes where correction is needed so that you will remember them. Make someone else read it. Use good professional language and terms that is needed for the assignment. Before the final print, revise again. See that all the questions that you have raised are properly answered with proper evidence. Check on the word count too. Go through your educational institute’s regulations to check what is written regarding formatting and styling of a paper.
Created on Oct 17th 2018 08:22. Viewed 90 times.