Basic ideas about cement plastering – Find a trustworthy renovation contractor in Singaporeby Sandy Shaw Renovation Singapore
Wall Plaster: Basic ideas
The task of wall plastering is an important step in a lengthy process of home renovation. A well-plastered wall gives you the perfect finish, hiding all the cragged and uneven surfaces.
Cement plaster is used to plaster the interior of the house as well as the exterior. If you want the best results from your wall plastering Singapore, you need to use the best quality cement. We all have seen the cement plaster at its making when we adequate amount of mix water, sand, fine aggregates, and cement to make a thick paste and apply it on the wall.
A single coat of plaster is enough to make your interior walls look sleeker, but several coats can also be used depending on the surface.
The thickness of different types of coats of plaster
- Single coat plaster – 10-15 mm
- Two coat plaster – 10-12 mm
- Two coat plaster (Finishing coat)- 3-8 mm
- Three coat plaster (Base) – 10-15 mm
- Three coat plaster (2nd coat) – 3-8 mm
- Three coat plaster (Finishing) – 3-5 mm
Different types of wall plaster
- Lime plaster is a mixture of lime and sand at 1:3 ratio, which is used for undercoat and finished surfaces
- Cement plaster is the mixture of cement and sand at 1:3 ratio, where water is used to make the paste
- Gypsum plaster is a fresh variety of plasters, which reduce the chances of cracks
But to ensure that you have everything in a proper amount, you will need a reliable renovation contractor Singapore who will captain the entire process.
Tips to find the most trustworthy renovation contractor in Singapore
There are so many renovation agencies in the country, so finding the perfect contractor could be a tough job. But to ease your stress, we are going to share a few tips below, so read carefully.
Talk to their clients
To determine if the contractor can handle your project or not, you should get in touch with their previous customers. No matter how their experiences were, they will always try to set you on the right path. You cannot believe the words of one or two clients, so talk to at least 4-5 clients and then evaluate their opinions.
Take a look at their project
You will get satisfaction when you will see the projects yourself, rather than being influenced by the words. So, if it is possible, take some time off from your work and visit the places to form an opinion. You can also visit their ongoing renovation work sites as it will give you a much better outlook about how they work or handle their employees.
Ask the right questions
There should always be transparency between the renovation company and the client. So, don’t hesitate to ask the relevant questions, such as
- How long will it take for them to finish the entire process?
- Will you get the desired result within the given budget?
Created on May 20th 2020 05:15. Viewed 243 times.