Bachelor Degree in Education: Why is it so Important?by SGT University Best University in Gurgaon
Key Highlights of B Ed Course
Full-Form: Bachelor of Education
Duration: 4 Semesters
Job Positions: Teachers (TGT and PGT), Counselors, Content Writer, Social Worker, E-teachers/tutors, Entrepreneur, etc.
Top Recruiting Areas: Government Sector (Central and State) as well as Private sectors.
· Educational Qualification: Candidates should have completed their graduation in any stream i.e. Science, Arts or Commerce so as to fulfill the eligibility criteria. However, some institutions allow candidates to take part in their admission process for B.Ed course, if they have graduated with at least 50-55% aggregate marks at the undergraduate level.
· Age Limit: For B.Ed admissions in a majority of colleges, no minimum age limit is set. However, the admission process of some B.Ed colleges require candidates to fulfill the minimum age criteria i.e. 19 years.
How this course is Beneficial?
· The Bachelor Degree in Education makes an individual, skilled in the teaching of specialized subjects.
· This course widens your understanding so that you can impart quality education to your students.
· Teaching provides job satisfaction, job security as well as high earnings and flexible schedule.
· After B.Ed., you can pursue a Master in Education (M.Ed.) in recognized Indian universities.
Skillset required for B.Ed
The following skills are required:
· Good communication skills
· Critical Thinking ability
· Good organizational skills
· Quick Learner
Why B.Ed degree course from SGT University?
SGT University has established the Faculty of Education in order to train and prepare students who will eventually become social transformers. Promoting quality education in schools and educational institutions, raising morale and values among students are major goals that the university envisioned through the faculty of education in India.
· Industry oriented innovative curriculum: The curriculum is designed based on NCTE norms and guidelines and at par with benchmarking universities such as Delhi University, GGSIP, Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi and Regional Institute of Education, Ajmer.
The Curriculum is tuned with practical and field-based activities that provide opportunities to students to be part and parcel of schooling system and community.
· Collaborations, placement, and Internships: The best faculty of education provides internship opportunities as well. Internship in B.Ed is organized in three phases: (i) Pre-internship (ii) Internship and (iii) Post-internship. The Pre-internship takes place of three-week duration during which the workshop for pupil teachers is organized in the institute.
The activities that are organized during pre-internship phases are Microteaching sessions, simulated teaching sessions, discussion on lesson planning, blueprint, unit tests, and CCE.
During the internship period, every student teacher undergoes an internship of 16 weeks in an identified school. In this period, the student-teacher shall be attached to a school and he/she shall undertake duties as assigned to him/her by the Head Master/Principal of the school.
During the Post-Internship phase, the pupil teachers prepare and present brief reports on their internship experience. Viva-Voce on School Internship Programme by a board comprising of faculty members of the institute is done.
· Community Service: Students visit different NGOs. Some of the NGOs where our students have worked are PRAYAS (Saket, Delhi), SEWA (Najafgarh, Delhi), DREAM GIRL FOUNDATION, (Gurugram), and MAX VISION EDUCATION CENTRE (Gurugram).
Created on Feb 2nd 2021 04:58. Viewed 108 times.