Amazing Facts About Winnipeg You Haven’t Heard Beforeby Airlines Fly SEO Excutive
Get a chance to compare your flight tickets through our innovative search engine. Narrow down your searches for that flight filtered ticket you have been eyeing when you choose to make your reservations with Southwest Flights Tickets.
Here Are Some Interesting Facts About Winnipeg You Should Know
1. Winnipeg is the largest capital city in Manitoba, Canada. Winnipeg is situated at the confluence of the Red and Assiniboine River at the heart of North America.
2. It got its name from the nearby Lake Winnipeg that originated from the Western Cree word for muddy water.
3. Winnipeg is the 7th most populated municipality in Canada.
4. Winnipeg is referred to as the Gateway to the West and is the hub for railways and transportation in Canada.
5. Some of the most celebrated festivals in Winnipeg include the Winnipeg Folk Festival, Folklorama, the Winnipeg Fringe Theatre Festival, the Jazz Winnipeg Festival, etc.
6. Winnipeg was the first city to host the Pan American Games and it is also home to professional sports franchises like the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, Manitoba Moose, Winnipeg Goldeyes, Winnipeg Jets, etc.
7. Some of the most popular attractions in Winnipeg include Assiniboine Park, Canadian Museum for Human Rights, the Forks, Fort Whyte Alive, the Manitoba Museum, Winnipeg Art Gallery, etc.
8. Winnipeg experiences a humid continental type of climate where summers are hot and humid while winters are severely cold.
9. Winnipeg consists of 236 neighborhoods all of which is one of the fastest-growing high-income neighborhoods.
10. The Winnipeg Art Gallery is one of the oldest public art galleries in Western Canada founded in 1912. It is the 6th largest which houses the largest public collections and contemporary art in the world.
Southwest Flights bring to you some of the cheapest travel deals for some of the hottest holiday destinations. Call us today, hurry!!
Created on Nov 10th 2020 21:34. Viewed 139 times.