All that you need to know about the 6-point office 365 post-migration checklistby Server Consultancy Manager
If you have recently migrated to Office 365 from SharePoint or exchange, then you will surely know about the amount of trouble that you need to carry for it. Managing office 365 is troublesome more than one can imagine. The hybrid configuration of the wizards is continuously failing, which is eventually leaving the users panic struck as they are having some serious trouble accessing their emails and much more.
There are numerous reasons why one should plan their post-migration with the same amount of enthusiasm that they need for planning their first migration. With a proper migration planning the whole deal can be made easier than ever. So, here we have listed six of an essential point that would definitely help you to make your whole migration deal easier than ever.
Six essential Migration checklist
1. Make and publicize a checklist that is specifically for post-migration
The entire line for communication must be open to the uses right after the migration process. This, in turn, will help the users to delay as well as help them to recreate their workplace. It is essential for you to send your users a complete detailed guide which will consist of the following points:
· Timelines for migration
· Possible documents/emails access delays
· Self-check for finding out whether the migration was successful by accessing documents, sending test emails along with SharePoint sites as well as much more.
· Retracting all the old exchange emails and then configure the Office 365 mail.
· Reconfiguration of office 365.
· Importing all the archives
· Details of the migration helpdesk
2. Make sure that the new platform has backups
Backup is the safety net for your organization. So, it is essential for you to make sure that the entire list of data in your organization is backed up properly. IF you have trustworthy office 365 backup, then you can always be less worried about your document as you will know that they all are backed up.
3. Enable the migration success
After you are done backing up the entire list of data's. The next thing that you will need to do is to validate your migration. For that, you will need to deep dive along with a cross-section of accounts, as well as check all the email, folders, content, and SharePoint to make sure that they have transferred properly.
4. Transfer the permission of the users and also add the license
Make sure that you have the user have all their permission transferred precisely. You need to identify any custom or broken permission and remove them.
5. Guard your entire migration document using the office 365 solutions
The primary advantage of migrating from the existing software to office 365 is that you will have a range of security features that will help to make your data secured than ever.
6. Cut off all the existing pending ties
After you are done securing, make sure that you have no more on-premise servers and if you do, make sure that you have successfully removed access for each of them.
And you are done setting up your office 365 migration successfully.
Created on Jul 26th 2019 00:59. Viewed 410 times.