All about Uterine Fibroids: Everything from symptoms to treatmentby Sneha Bhatt IVF Center
It is a disease that is characterized by the presence of fibroids. This disease is the main cause of indication for hysterectomies (surgery to remove the uterus).
We call them .
It is a disease that is characterized by the presence of fibroids: it is a.
So you have to imagine a in one of the coats of the uterus, consisting of muscle cells, with
They are very often , but sometimes there is a single location.
There are certain recognized promoting factors such as a of fibroids, women with , and (absence of pregnancy).
Causes of Uterine fibroids-
Causes of Uterine fibroids include-
Indeed, if a fibroid is discovered by chance in a patient who therefore has no symptoms or signs of complications; then this patient will not be treated for her fibroid.
She must nevertheless have regular gynecological monitoring.
For symptomatic and / or complicated fibroids, treatment is often necessary.
Symptoms of Uterine fibroids-
Symptoms of Uterine fibroids include-
Uterine Fibroids are most often asymptomatic (without any symptoms perceived by patients) but they are sometimes revealed by:
· The rules increased in duration and abundance (called " menorrhagia ")
· A feeling of pelvic heaviness
· Signs of compression of nearby organs ( constipation, difficulty urinating)
· Signs of complications from fibroids
Treatment of Uterine fibroids-
Treatment of Uterine fibroids include-
The anti-progesterone treatment by allowing to reduce the volume of the uterus.
· The similar processing LHRH (type Cetrotide) by causing a reduction in the volume of the uterus and a decreased bleeding.
Surgical treatments: Three techniques are distinguished here, adapted to classification according to the location in the uterine coats.
· The embolization: it concerns only the interstitial fibroids (those not protrude either outside or inside the uterus ).
It is a technique that aims to specifically block the artery that nourishes the fibroid in order to eliminate it without having to operate on the uterus.
· The resection of fibroids: it is called "myomectomy ".
Two ways are possible first-
· Either by a camera introduced by the navel (laparoscopic route) or by a scar on the abdomen (laparoscopic route).
This treatment is called "conservative" because the uterus is left in place, only the fibroid is removed. This technique is therefore preferred in patients who wish to keep fertility later.
· Either by resection of the whole uterus (of the 3 coats): this is called “total hysterectomy” and fibroids are, in fact, the first cause of indication for a total hysterectomy in gynecology.
This technique is called "non-conservative" because the entire uterus is removed in order to prevent recurrences and complications, but it is exclusively offered to patients who no longer have the desire for pregnancy.
To know more about Uterine fibroids, visit the best fertility clinic in India.
Created on Apr 28th 2020 05:37. Viewed 628 times.