8 interesting facts about Pensacola you should knowby Airlines Fly SEO Excutive
Make your reservations today with Southwest Airline Reservations to enjoy endless travel benefits for your upcoming trips.
Here are 8 interesting facts about Pensacola you should know
1. Pensacola is located on the seat of Escambia County, Florida, and is one of the largest metropolitan areas and the largest city between New Orleans and Tampa.
2. Pensacola is the first Spanish settlement region with borders of the Continental United States in 1559.
3. Pensacola port is protected by the barrier island of Santa Rosa and is connected to the Gulf of Mexico.
4. The United States Naval Air Station is the first in the United States –the base of the Blue Angel Flight team and the National Naval Aviation Museum.
5. The Muskogean speaking people are believed to be the earliest inhabitants of Pensacola, while the first Spanish explorer to find a short-lived settlement here was- Tristan de Luna.
6. Pensacola is also known as –the City of Five Flags, Worlds Whitest Beaches, Americas First Settlement, P-Cola, Western Gate to the Sunshine State, Cradle of Naval Aviation, Red Snapper Capital of the World, Emerald Coast, etc.
7. Pensacola is home to several low rises buildings-the tallest being the 15th floor Crowne Plaza while other similar buildings include Sun Trust Tower, Seville Tower, the AT&T Building.
8. Some of the most popular attractions in Pensacola include the National Naval Aviation Museum, Pensacola Lighthouse, and Maritime Museum, Fort Barrancas, Pensacola Bay, Perdido Key STATE Park, Pensacola Museum of Art, Naval Live Oak Nature Preserve, etc.
Book early, book cheap with Southwest Airlines Fly. Get a chance to work with some of the best travel experts without burning a hole in your pocket.
Created on Oct 17th 2020 00:37. Viewed 217 times.