8 Amazing Facts about Saskatoon, Canada You Should Knowby Airlines Fly SEO Excutive
If you are someone who needs to be in the airport every alternate month, we understand your requirements. Now you can fly monthly, weekly, and daily by saving some extra dollars with Southwest Airlines. Make your reservations today with Southwest Airlines Reservations today to enjoy seamless flight booking services and many more.
Here are some interesting facts about Saskatoon you should know
1. Saskatoon is one of the largest Canadian provinces located at the South of Saskatchewan River in the central region. It was founded in 1882 as a Temperance colony and has been an important economic and cultural hub.
2. Saskatoon is the 17th largest Metropolitan Area in Canada with an estimated population of 295,095 according to the 2016 Census.
3. The city is home to 9 crossings and in fact, has been nicknamed as –The Paris of the Prairies and the Bridge City.
4. The name Saskatoon comes from the Cree inanimate noun- misaskwatomina- Saskatoon Berries which stands for the sweet, violet-colored berry that grows in abundance here.
5. The city has the 2nd highest percentage of First Nation population with major Canadian cities at 9% behind Winnipeg.
6. Some of the most popular tourist destinations in Saskatoon include Wanuskewin, Pike Lake Provincial Park, Remai Modern, Saskatoon Forestry Farm Park, and Zoo, Ukrainian Museum, Mendel Art Gallery, Museum of Antiquities, Children’s Discovery Museum, Museum of Natural Science, etc.
7. Saskatoon experiences a semi-arid type of climate with warm summers while winters are long chilly and cold.
8. Saskatoon holds and hosts many popular events and festivals like the Saskatchewan Festival, the Jazz Festival, the Great Plains Comedy Festival, the Saskatoon Fringe Theatre Festival, Doors Open Saskatoon, Canada Remembers Airshow, Fairy Door Tours Saskatoon, etc.For flight updates, making advance reservations you can check out Southwest Flights today.
Created on Oct 5th 2020 20:16. Viewed 195 times.