7 Reasons To Invest In SEO And How It Benefits Your Businessby Robin Ooi SEO Consultant
When you google the term “Is SEO dead?” you will be presented with over 44 million results including articles written by all the renowned SEO expert in the industry.
SEO is far from dead. However, that the SEO landscape has changed drastically over the past few years that people need to rethink their strategies and consider SEO less of a marketing approach and more of a branding strategy.
I am not sure whether to disagree with his caveat, but in any case—and contrary to what you have probably heard from countless people—organic search engine optimization is still alive and kicking.
In fact, there have been an increasing number of companies investing in a solid SEO campaign. This is due to the ever-changing algorithms of the search engines, which entails continuous adaptation by businesses in order to survive.
The following is a list of:
7 reasons why your business needs to invest in the right SEO campaign:
1. It still works – First, you have to shrug off the thought that SEO is dead. Many of the techniques used years ago still work. Even though you can no longer access data regarding organic traffic, the strategies you need to employ have not changed all that much. There have been plenty of SEO case studies after the Hummingbird update that prove this.
2. It is not going away anytime soon – Based on how the search engines are being updated and developed over the past few years, it is highly likely that SEO will continue to work for many years to come. To some degree, even audio and video searches rely on keywords the same way traditional text-based content does; as long as search engines rely on keywords and backlinks, SEO will continue to work.
3. It is cost-effective – When compared to the costs of other online marketing methods such as PPC advertising, lead generation for email marketing campaigns, and social media marketing, SEO provides arguably the best return on investment. While PPC may generate more revenue and social media may be more vital for brand reputation, your organic SEO campaign is still a must-have foundation for your online presence.
4. Market share of search engines on the rise – Studies show that 80-90% of consumers now search for reviews online before making a purchase, and this number is expected to rise. With the advent of smartphones and the continuous increase in number of individuals gaining Internet access, it won’t be long before virtually everyone searches for products and services on the web. You surely want them to find your business, don’t you? Without the right organic SEO Malaysia based campaign, your potential customers will never find your business and instead make a purchase from your competitors.
5. Increase of mobile users and local search optimization – By the end of this year, it is expected that the amount of traffic coming from mobile devices will exceed that from desktop PCs. This dramatic transition from desktop to handheld devices has opened up a whole new aspect of SEO, including local search optimization and mobile-friendly web infrastructure.
6. An unhealthy content profile may cause harm – With each update to the search engine algorithms, Google changes the way they analyze and evaluate webpages. Things that were ignored or had not yet existed years ago, such as social signals, are now given so much importance in determining the relevance of a page to a certain search query. If you fail to update your website’s content regularly, it can cause irreparable damage to your business, as it is one of the many factors search engines use when ranking your site.
7. Don’t lag behind your competitors – Remember, SEO is a never-ending process. If you are not moving forward and keeping up with all the latest changes, you are going to lag behind your competitors who do. SEO is an invaluable tool for your business. If you ignore SEO, you are practically putting your business at a competitive disadvantage.
Now more than ever, it is high time to invest in organic SEO. Even though you lack data regarding organic keywords and traffic, you must still push through with the right Search Engine Optimization strategies to promote your business. Keep in mind that SEO will continue to work as long as you stay consistent and keep up with the changes in the search algorithms. If you want to succeed in online marketing, build a solid brand presence, and ultimately generate more revenue, you should start implementing the right SEO techniques.
Created on Nov 12th 2019 02:31. Viewed 509 times.