7 Essential Amenities Tenants Look For In a Rental Houseby Satya Prakash Professional writer
As more and more working professionals in the urban areas are choosing to stay in rented homes (rather than investing in one), homeowners are paying attention to the amenities that top the list of requirements by tenants. Home renters in India today are on the lookout for a holistic and well-rounded living experience, even when they are living in rented accommodation.
Here are 7 essential amenities that top the list for tenants in India today:
1. Location and connectivity: A good location that offers excellent connectivity to the workplace, as well as to a wide range of civic amenities, is all-important to tenants today. With worsening traffic situations in cities, tenants want to be as close as possible to their place of work, making the daily commute short and easy. This is essential to help them strike a work-life balance. Proximity to schools, colleges, hospitals, shopping malls, multiplexes, etc., is also high on the list.
2. Safety and security: Whether tenants choose to live by themselves or with their family, the safety and security of the rental home is given prime importance. Gated entrances, CCTV surveillance, secure doors and windows within the home, and a well-lit neighborhood with a low crime rate, are some of the essentials.
3. Peaceful neighborhood: Urban living today is becoming increasingly synonymous with chaos, commotion and noise. So, when on the lookout for a good home, tenants want the neighborhood to be relatively quiet, free from the noises of traffic and construction. A scenic or pleasant view is an added bonus.
4. Fitness and lifestyle amenities: Mindful living is the new buzzword for a healthy lifestyle today, and more and more people are jumping onto the fitness bandwagon. Tenants, therefore, are very particular that the residential complex offers a wide range of fitness and lifestyle amenities, such as a gymnasium, a swimming pool, a meditation or yoga centre and a children’s play area.
5. Uninterrupted power and water supply: The rental home must have an uninterrupted supply of electricity and water. Urban areas today are affected by the shortage of power and water, which is why tenants are particular that the home should have a power backup and water supply facility. Don’t forget to check out RentXZ’s rating and review of the accommodation, to be sure of what things are really like at the place.
6. Parking facilities: Many tenants look out for a proper parking facility in the residential complex. The process of finding a new car parking spot every single day is becoming increasingly difficult, which is a covered parking area with a designated car slot is an important amenity for tenants today. The next best option that tenants are willing to work with is a street parking facility.
7. Appliances, fittings and fixtures: As more and more tenants today are professionals-on-the-move in search of better career opportunities, renters do not want to invest in a long list of household items, such as large appliances and furniture. This is the reason why tenants prefer to move into a furnished home that has been installed with a refrigerator, washing machine, ACs, as well as with fittings and fixtures of reasonable quality. Homeowners also benefit from leasing out furnished homes, as tenants are willing to pay a marginally higher rent for these conveniences.
Read More: - What Do Millennial Want-To Buy or To Rent
Apart from all these amenities, tenants are primarily on the lookout for a home in a decent, livable condition that also offers reasonable storage space. As a homeowner, if you are leasing your home out, you will have to ensure that all your appliances and fixtures are in working condition. Addressing the basic safety concerns, having a pest control system in place, and ensuring an uninterrupted supply of power and water are some of the foremost concerns that homeowners should look into before renting out their accommodation.
RentXZ, India’s 1st real estate portal to be driven by customer-generated content, allows you to check out detailed ratings and reviews of localities as well as specific rental accommodations, so that you can make an informed decision about where to stay. You can even review and rate a locality or a property here- https://www.rentxz.com/submit-other-reviews.php
Created on Apr 19th 2018 05:16. Viewed 264 times.