7 Benefits of Choosing Online Learningby Ravi K. Digital Marketer
E-learning or online education is unarguably the biggest boon of the digital transformation of the world. Students and teachers’ lives have been cushioned with the benefits of online learning and these advantages are paving way for more successful, effective, inclusive and collaborative learning than the traditional classrooms. The desired outcome of online learning or a traditional classroom learning is relatively similar but the range of appealing benefits gained in the online education industry.
Many survey feedback's suggest that online classrooms for school students and even for college students provide a better learning environment and how studying in a virtual environment helped them achieve their academic goals more efficiently. Read about the different benefits of online learning:
1. Effective Time Management – One may consider the ‘flexibility to learn’ as the most important advantage of any online learning module. Learners can manage time and are at ease in a flexible learning environment. As e-learners sit and learn in the comfort of their homes, they understand and learn better thereby reflecting in their learning outcome and assessments.
2. E-learning is Less Intimidating – A traditional classroom teaching may intimidate many students as they may not have good communication skills or may simply be uncomfortable speaking in front of the teachers and students. Learning through e-learning websites places students in a more comfortable space that eventually fosters self-triggered participation in the class.
3. Cost-Effective – Compared with traditional classroom teaching in schools or other institutions, the online course fee may be the same or may vary too. But online classes definitely do not fall heavily on your pockets as learners save immensely on the commuting costs, lodging, eating out, etc.
4- Freedom to Balance Work with Studies - It is surely a win-win situation. By opting for online courses or studying through e-learning websites, the learners enjoy the freedom to continue their education while working. Many successful professionals enroll for online specialized courses to master a skill or for career advancement. It means, one can work according to the office timing and study in the preferred time frame.
5. More Productive Classes - The duration of online classes is usually restricted to 25-30 minutes that ensure rapt attention of the learners. While the traditional classroom sessions or lectures end up for more than 40 minutes to an hour or may be sometimes even longer. With an average human brain’s attention span being way lesser, it becomes difficult to grasp all that is taught by the teachers. Here, the e-learning module is highly benefiting as classes last for 25-30 minutes giving room for absorbing the learnings.
6. No Cultural Limitation - The online courses or e-learning platforms offer opportunities to learn and interact with other students from different cultural backgrounds. An important benefit of Online Learning Platforms is that students need not restrict themselves to a course or degree from an institution in their geographical proximity. Rather, they can opt for a course or e-learning class held by an international institution. This opens up a host of learning opportunities for e-learners as they bond with other students over group projects and get better insight into different cultures.
7. Honest Technical Skills - Technical knowledge is a must in today’s world that is becoming more and more tech savvy day by day. Online learning can help students improve their technical skills and also acquire new skills. Exposure to online learning also makes students more technologically updated and more well conversant with new software and also infuses a sense of confidence in them.
While the academic content & requirements of online learning can be the same as a course in a traditional classroom, there is definitely less stress and no teacher expectation in e-learning.
Created on Sep 24th 2020 12:22. Viewed 564 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.