6 Reasons Why You Should Have A Marquee Wedding
by Matt H. Blogger
6 Reasons Why You Should Have A Marquee Wedding
Picking a wedding venue can be hard, here's 12 reasons why you should have a Marquee Wedding instead of a traditional venue.
1. You get to pick your caterer:
A caterer can make or break your big day, with a marquee wedding you have full control over which catering company you have for your wedding.
Do a bit of research and find a caterer that aligns with your goals and needs.
Here's a few tips to help you pick a caterer:
- Before you start looking, put together a detailed brief covering what your needs are. (Number of Guests etc)
- Identify potential catering companies that have the capacity, relevant experience & qualifications to deliver a quality service for you and your guests.
- Ensure they have access to equipment and techniques for whatever your event entails
- Ask other event hosts in the area for referrals, and often internet searches for suppliers can provide good research and a list of companies to contact
- Seek out testimonials and online reviews from their customer
- Ask for a pre-event visit and quotation in advance
Almost every caterer has a basic menu or menus to choose from, and many do provide some level of built-in flexibility to adapt these menus to your needs by substituting specific items and/or customising recipes.
A professional caterer should also be willing to consider special dietary requests for your guests.
2. You get to choose your venue:
The only thing more important than your wedding venue is your vows. As long as you have a bit of space, you can have a marquee wedding.
Renting a marquee gives you complete control over where you tie the knot, many people lean towards a special location that holds fond memories or a place with something special to offer, such as a coastal or country view.
Make sure you talk to an expert before choosing a location, a good wedding planner will have experience in knowing what works and what doesn't when it comes to a venue.
Heres a few things to think about when choosing a venue:
- Make sure you choose a Venue That Aligns With Your Vision.
- Know Your Guest List.
- Remember Your Budget.
- Consider Your Guests' Experience.
3. You get to work within your budget:
No matter your budget, there's a marquee to suit you.
Marquee weddings give you the chance to have a flexible price range and get back to focusing on the rest of your wedding.
With the average total cost of a wedding in the UK & Ireland being £31,974 in 2019, the top 10 spends were the same as the year before, with venue hire being at the top of the list:
1. Venue hire – £5,406
2. Honeymoon – £4,645
3. Food – £3,887
4. Engagement ring – £2,419
5. Drink – £1,587
6. Wedding dress/outfit – £1,313
7. Photography – £1,155
8. Mini-moon – £1,135
9. Entertainment/music – £1,005
10. Video – £968
Opting for a Marquee wedding can seriously benefit your budget by making sure you can allocate more of your budget to the rest of your day.
4. Fit to size:
Whatever the head count, a wedding marquee can be adjusted to the size you need.
With the average wedding holding around 120 guests, a marquee makes it easy to cater for this amount of people.
This is especially true if you’re using outside areas of an estate that has large gardens. In these instances a marquee can hold larger guest lists within reason. Simply discuss your needs with a company such as Super Event.
Marquee hire can also benefit smaller weddings. The majority of venues will ask you to meet a minimum number of guests in order to reserve the space.
This could lead to you paying for a larger guest list than you’ll actually need. With a small marquee setup you can have an intimate wedding without sacrificing anything, including your budget.
5. You get a blank canvas to work from:
Whether you choose to have a large dinner with modern trestle tables or a sophisticated meal with classy round tables, you can decide on your own layout.
Interior wedding decorations and accessories for marquees are endless, from led spotlights and sparkling ceiling lights to beautiful tableware and florals, marquee weddings give you the reach and opportunity to create that "pinterest-worthy" wedding of your dreams.
Here's a few tips on choosing wedding decorations for your venue:
- Use items from your own home
- Fill out your décor with greenery.
- Do what you can in advance
- Choose your setup team wisely
- Do a mock-up of your tables and take pictures
6. No Curfews
Marquee weddings give you the opportunity to celebrate deep into the night without fear of curfew.
Nobody wants the part to end too early and, within reason, you can decide the end of your night.
So make sure you have some good speaker setups to make sure that everyone is up dancing!
For any more information on marquee rental & hire, please contact us and get started with your booking today.
We can't wait to help you plan your big day!
Created on Mar 2nd 2020 06:42. Viewed 211 times.