6 Places You Should Surely Visit Near Jim Corbett National Parkby Areeb Khan Professional Laundry Attendant
Jim Corbett national park, situated in Uttarakhand, is well known for its lush green vegetation and spectacular diversity of wildlife. The scenic beauty of the hills covered by thick green velvet is mind-blowing! A two-day trip to the national park is really intriguing. But, if you are planning an extended holiday with your family, there are certain places around the national park that you shouldn’t miss visiting. Jim Corbett resorts can provide you comfort while you enjoy these places. Here are 6 such sites mentioned below:
• Sattal: It is the place where seven interconnected freshwater lakes meet. The beauty of the vast lake is majestic. Also, birds from various parts of the world migrate and stay in this town, which makes it a heaven for bird-lovers. The town is situated at a distance of 123 kilometers from Jim Corbett national park. You may enjoy boating on the lake or trekking through the woods to experience the aesthetics of Sattal.
• Rishikesh: Rishikesh is famous for being a sacred place for the Hindus. Famous Hindu spots like Triveni Ghat and Geeta Bhavan are situated here. Apart from the prestige it holds, it is also known as ‘adventure capital of India’. Adventure sports like bungee jumping and river rafting are the reason why this place is popular among adventure hunters. It is at a distance of about 132 kilometers from the national park.
• Nainital: It is one of the most famous hill stations in India. It hosts a pear-shaped, alluring lake, in which you can go for boating, especially during sunsets, which is the most pleasing time. There is also Snow viewpoint, the highest peak of Uttarakhand, where you can touch the clouds. This place is about 150 kilometers from the national park.
• Lansdowne: This is a colonial town that still portrays the glimpses of the British Empire in India. There are certain old buildings and architecture, but tourist attractions are very few. This place is good for travelling with friends for a chill-out or a barbeque. You can also enjoy boating on Bhulla lake and observe various kinds of migratory birds around the place. This place is 132 kilometers from Jim Corbett national park.
• Bhimtal: Located just 20 kilometers away from Nainital, Bhimtal is a peaceful place with a colossal lake and a dam built on it. The lake has a tiny island, which is famous for the aquarium it hosts. Visiting this place will cost you less than the Jim Corbett national park packages. You can also enjoy paragliding, rock climbing and fishing on Bhimtal Lake.
• Kausani: It is the best camping location near the National park. The beauty of the village is breathtaking. Its natural charm is enthralling. Bird-watching and rock climbing are also popular here. Camping under the star-lit sky is the reason why most people visit the place.
So, don’t forget to visit these mighty places once you have visited Jim Corbett national park and have time to explore other attractive options during your vacations. Enjoy!
Created on May 24th 2018 03:05. Viewed 426 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.