5 Things to do before starting your freelance career - GeeksReadby ronald splat Learn to code for free is our slogan. The freelance marketplace has become the fastest growing industry, especially in these pandemic days. Daily, many new freelancers get into this marketplace and start their freelance career, some become successful in making their market value but some face misfortune. This does not mean that they do not have good freelance skills or talent but there is a lack of only a few things that must be taken into account while starting a freelance career. These things will give a successful initiative in the freelance marketplace. So, if you are planning to start a freelance career, or want to know how to become a freelancer, here are the five important things that must be done before starting.
1. IDENTIFY YOUR FREELANCE SKILL
2. BUILD YOUR FREELANCE PORTFOLIO
You will be happy to know you can still build an attractive and amazing portfolio. Just collect samples of your work which you did as a hobby or practice your skill. For example, if you want to be a web designer, obviously you already have designed something to enhance and practice your skill. So, show them in your freelance portfolio in an attractive manner.
3. EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION SKILLS
Communication is the bridge between you and your client. If you are very extraordinary in your skill but are not communicating properly with your client, it becomes trouble. Effective communication is very important for your freelance career. It builds trust and bonding between client and employee. It is often seen in freelancing that old clients approach the same freelancer for their jobs and they have worked together for years. It is because of effective communication skills. So, improve your communication skills and for this, you have to remember some basic points.
- Respond immediately to your clients. It expresses your devotion and commitment to your job. The delayed response, not only irritates your client but also portrays the negative image of your job. So, reply to your client as fast as you can. It
- Be Punctual for important dates related to the job and in delivery of the completed task. It builds the trust of your client in you and he most likely assigns you the next task. So be punctual because ”Time is money”.
- Stay to the point with your client. It is very necessary. If you are not giving the point or related answer or giving too many details that are not necessary, it will ruin your image. The client will think you are lacking in expertise in your skill. Remember, your client is very far away from you, so choose your words carefully and avoid unnecessary detailing. Improve your grammar and writing skills because your client is not in front of you. He is reading your messages, so use good and concise words.
Remember, your communication will bring back your old clients to you. They will approach you if you have the expertise and effective communication skills. They will give you good reviews which are also very important for bringing new clients to you. It will boost your freelance career.
4. SEARCH YOUR MARKETPLACE.
A freelance marketplace is a platform where you are hired and get paid for your services. So search the marketplace where your skill is in demand. There are many freelance marketplaces where you can start your freelance career and polish your skill, such as Upwork, Freelancer.com, Fiverr, people per hour e.t.c. To choose your online marketplace, search varieties of published freelance jobs on their websites related to your skill and analyze the market value at that freelance platform. Make your profile there, upload your freelance portfolio and start your freelance career.
5. MARKET YOUR SERVICES
Market your services to tell people about your skills and expertise. It is very important for your freelance career because if people know about your services, they will easily approach you whenever needed. Social media is the best platform to do this. So, tell people in your social circle about the services you provide and show them your expertise and quality. You can do this by making groups, pages, or simple posts about your work. Social networks such as Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin, WhatsApp are the best platforms to market your services.
Before starting your freelance career you have to take into account five important points.
First, identify your freelance skill. That will be the service that you want to sell. Build your freelance portfolio because it introduces the quality of your services to the client. Make sure that you are punctual and have effective communication with your client. Search your freelance marketplace and market your services by telling them in social groups and pages. So, start your freelance career successfully. Best of Luck…!
Created on Jun 24th 2021 02:35. Viewed 146 times.