5 Common AOL Problems and How To Fix Themby jenny w. Make Your World Easy With Technical Things
America Online or AOL is an Internet service provider which is based in New York and is marketed by the Verizon Communications. With millions of customers worldwide, AOL mail is also a part of Verizon Communications and is one of the most trusted and reliable services. While AOL is a trustworthy company, problems are bound to arise with a customer base so huge.
While the AOL technical support number is always there to assist you with your problems and queries, there is always a solution that you yourself can use to deal with any kind of problems regarding AOL mail site. Here are the 5 most common problems faced by AOL customers and tips on how to solve them:
1) AOL Mail Down
If your AOL Mail is down or very slow, here are some tips to take care of it:
- Restart your computer and your WiFi router before accessing the Mail Account.
- Access your Mail Account via a different browser. Add the AOL mail site to your browser's trusted set of websites.
- Clear cookies, caches, browser history of your Web Browser and disable all pop-up blocking software.
- Temporarily disable your firewall or other security software systems.
2) Signing In Problems
If you can't sign in to your AOL mail account, you have either forgotten your password or username, or your account has potentially been hacked by an intruder. Here are a few simple tips to follow:
- Click the 'I forgot my Password' option in the login page of the AOL email website.
- Verify yourself as the owner of the mail account by choosing any one options for verification. You have three options for verification- Verification via Recovery Phone number, Recovery Email Address, or by answering a Security Question.
- Complete the verification process and reset your password. Create a password using a combination of capital and small letters as well as numbers and symbols.
If you still have any queries or face repeated problems via signing in then immediately contact the AOL customer care number.
3) Unable To Send Mail
If you are having problems with sending emails from your email account, there are various troubleshooting steps that you can take. Here are a few steps for you to follow:
- Check if your Internet or WiFi router is working properly or not.
- Log out of your AOL email account and restart your computer before logging in again.
- Change your default browser or update it.
- Avoid combination of any "AOL" in your display name as this will prevent you mail to be delivered.
- Temporarily disable firewalls and pop up blockers from your browser and computer.
- Call the Aol 800 Number if you still face problems when sending emails.
4) Image Challenges When Sending Emails
Occasionally, AOL will make you answer an Image Challenge Question before successfully sending your email as a part of their security measures. This can happen when suspicious activity, like sending bulk emails or signing in from unknown devices or locations, is suspected. If you continue getting these challenges regularly or cannot send emails even after completing these, contact the AOL customer care number immediately as there might be serious issues with your account.
5) No Image for Mail Recipients
Here are a few steps to ensure that you as well as your email recipient see the attached images in emails:
- Enable Rich Text or HTML in your Mail settings. This will solve problems regarding viewing images in forwarded emails.- Download the image before sending it as an attachment to get rid of problems for viewing images by your recipient.
Created on May 10th 2019 03:23. Viewed 435 times.