3 Common Residential And Commercial Roof Problemsby Chris Ryan Specialists In Roof | External | Shed | Industrial
Roofs can be damaged in many ways. Due to lack of maintenance, rain, storms, thunderstorms, pests and bird droppings can damage the internal structure of the roof. Roof damages are common for both commercial and residential properties. In this blog, we are going to discuss 3 common roof problems.
Many residential and commercial roofs in Dublin are covered with shingles. They are common types of roofs made of asphalt, wood, tile, and slate. Shingles are durable that protect roofs against UV rays, rain, thunderstorm as well as strong winds. Due to lack of maintenance, residential roofs can be damaged badly. As the property owner, you need to call the roof maintenance professionals in Dublin if you notice the following:
1. Broken shingles: Residential and commercial shingles may damage severely due to lack of maintenance and harsh climates. Broken shingle is a common problem faced by many homeowners. However, they can be replaced or restored to avoid leaks.
2. Lifted Shingles: If shingles shrink or curl, the edges of the shingles may start lifting. If you notice the lifted shingles, call the professionals near you.
3. Splitting Shingles: Residential shingles split when they start expanding & then contract suddenly due to temperature changes. This is also a very common problem faced by many homeowners. Proper roof maintenance and repair services are required.
4. Shingle shrinkage: Commercial and residential singles shrink typically due to standard ageing or bad weather condition.
5. Shingles Curling: Edges of shingles start curling outward or inward due to insufficient moisture or excessive heat. Curled shingles can damage the internal structure of a property. So, it must be replaced ASAP.
6. Granule Loss: Over time, the shingles lose granules. If you can find granules around your house, this means the shingles start losing them. So, they must be restored professionally.
Gutters are the shields that protect the house from structural damages. However, over time, clogged rainwater, dead leaves, broken branches, pests and bird droppings damage the gutters. To restore the clogged gutters, proper cleaning and maintenance services are required.
A leaky roof can be a serious problem. It can directly damage the internal structure of the property. Apart from that, this is tough to find out the leaks inside the roofs.
Whether it’s shingle or gutter, any type of roof must be repaired as early as possible to avoid structural damages. If you notice any kind of warning sign, call the roof repair professionals to check and fix the leaky roofs.
Created on Nov 9th 2021 05:05. Viewed 152 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.