12 Ways to Protect Your Home or Place of Business from Break-ins &Theftby APSense News Release Admin
12 Ways to Protect Your Home or Place of Business from Break-ins & Theft
Unfortunately, in recent times, break-ins, thefts, and robberies have been on the rise in many states across the U.S. 2020 has been a year of turmoil and grief, to say the least, and in such times personal safety and security have become a matter of prime importance.
In the wake of a global pandemic, the United States of America has been hit worse than any other country thus far. With millions of people hospitalized and millions more facing unemployment as the economy struggles to stay afloat, it is no surprise that crime and civil unrest is on the rise.
Amidst all these problems our country as a whole is faced with yet another underlying issue, racial discrimination and police brutality. All these issues compounded together have made many neighbourhoods in the U.S. unsafe and many pundits believe that things are only going to get worse.
Break-ins and thefts can occur at any time and in any neighbourhood, even in diverse and tightly knit communities such as the one in Jamaica Plain in Boston, Massachusetts.
This beautiful neighbourhood renowned for its many public parks, ample greenery, and hipster haunts makes JP an attractive place to live in for a diverse group of people including young families, professionals, artists, activists, and millennials.
The Victorian architecture and sense of strong community life make it one of Boston’s finest neighbourhoods to live in. If you love spending time outdoors you can’t find a more appropriate neighbourhood to live in if you are planning to move to Boston. Adorned by parks, natural vistas, and plenty of walking and biking trails this is a neighbourhood built for nature lovers.
Living in Jamaica Plain, MA
Jamaica Plain, MA, is considered to be amongst the wealthiest neighbourhoods in America. People that live here generally tend to be well-off and educated with strong ties to the community. The neighbourhood is also quite diverse and has a significant population of Eastern European and Lebanese settlers.
All of this means that in most cases walking, bicycling, or driving around the neighbourhood you are likely to feel safe and secure. But this isn’t always the case. Theft, robbery, vandalism, burglary, and break-ins can occur at any time and are not just financially destructive but can also put you and those you care about in harm’s way.
To better safeguard against such incidents from occurring here are a few tips and ideas that could help you better protect your home or place of businesses from unwanted intruders when residing in Jamaica Plain or any other neighbourhood for that matter.
5 Ways to Protect Your Home or Place of Business Against Break-ins & Theft
Break-ins can occur at any time but are more frequent in the months of summer and winter when families are likely to be on vacation. With no one at home and no security system to deter off intruders your home is a lot more vulnerable even if you have taken the precaution of locking all the doors and windows before you set out.
Most standard door and window locks are easy to pick and easy to break down using nothing more than brute force. If you don’t have a deadbolt or heavy-duty electronic locks installed getting through your front door won’t pose much of a challenge for a determined intruder or thief.
So, let us take a look at some of the more basic things that one can do to better protect against burglars that rely on speed and force to gain entry into an unsuspecting home or place of business.
- Install a home security system. Even a basic alarm system can often be enough to deter a burglar or thief from attempting to break-in. Installing a home security system can also help homeowners save money on home insurance premiums.
- Always make sure all your doors and windows are locked before you go out.
- Make sure to have a trusted Jamaica Plain, MA locksmith check all your door and window locks to make sure they are not rusted or in need of repair
- Always keep your most prized possessions in a concealed safe or lockbox. This can help protect your most valuable assets even if your home does get broken into.
- If you have electronic locks make sure to change the passcode from time to time
- To further beef up security one can install motion sensors, deadbolts, magnetic locks, and sliding glass door locks from a trusted Jamaica Plain, MA locksmith
- Never leave a set of spare home keys outside, especially, under a rock or floor mat as these are the first places an intruder would look
- Get rid of any potential hiding spots in your front or back yard whether that be an overgrown hedge or a pile of junk sitting in the corner
- Never announce vacation trips or holidays on social media
- If you do have to leave on vacation, ask your neighbours to keep an eye on your house and try to give your home a more lived-in look before leaving. This means asking your neighbour to maybe turn on some of the lights in the evening or have family members come to visit and stay randomly for a couple of days while you are gone.
- If you are moving into a rental home or apartment always change the door and window locks or at the very least get them re-keyed. You have no idea who might still have the old set of keys so always ensure you call a trusted Jamaica Plain, MA locksmith to come-in and rekey or replace all the important locks in the house.
- Keep your windows covered and garage doors locked when not at home so that no one can peek in to see what type of valuables you may have inside
Finding A Reliable & Trusted Locksmith Company
If you have recently moved into a new neighbourhood it is always best to ask around and find out what locksmith companies are the most trusted and reliable in the area. Local Locksmith MA has been operating in this part of the neighbourhood for decades and is integral at maintaining safety and security in the neighbourhood.
Whether you are faced with an emergency lockout situation, require a new set of car or home keys, or have encountered a break-in or theft don’t hesitate to call in the professionals.
Highly experienced and trained locksmiths have an eye for finding weaknesses in your home or business’s security system and providing affordable solutions to counter those weaknesses.
Simple solutions such as installing a
peephole, deadbolt, or upgrading the locks on your garage or back door can make
a significant difference when it comes to protecting your property.
It is always important to do your due
diligence when it comes to choosing a local locksmith company. Ask your neighbours
and friends about what locksmith provider to call in case of an emergency if
you have recently moved in. Having resided in the area a lot longer than you
have they are likely to have a lot more knowledge about what locksmith
providers are the best in the area and which ones can be trusted for different
More established and well-reputed locksmith
companies such as Local Locksmith MA
offer a wider range of services and can cater to all sorts of safety and
security concerns. Here is a list of common services provided by Jamaica Plain,
- 24/7 Emergency Lockout Services
- Re-keying, duplicating keys, cutting keys, and extraction of broken keys
- Installation and repair of all window and door locks
- Ignition and transponder key programming for automobiles
- Installation of safes and vaults
- Installing/Upgrading security systems
- Break-in services
- Home security assessment
Reliable, Trusted & Affordable
The three most important qualities to look out for in any locksmith company are whether they are reliable, trusted, and affordable.
You don’t want to be standing around for an hour waiting for a locksmith to arrive in the case of an emergency lockout situation. Reliable and well-reputed companies can arrive at any location in Jamaica Plain, MA, within 20 minutes of you calling in while other not so reliable companies may keep you waiting for a lot longer.
Trust is hugely important when it comes to locksmiths. After all, you are trusting someone with your home and business security. Always look for credentials and certifications when researching a locksmith company to find out just how reputable and trusted they really are.
Finally, you have affordability. Being locked out, or worse encountering a break-in can be traumatizing as is and the last thing you want is a locksmith company to take advantage of your dire situation by charging obscene amounts of money. The best locksmith companies have standard rates for all services that are affordable and do not vary depending on the time or place you call in from.
We hope that these tips and techniques will not only help you find a trusted and reliable locksmith provider but also help better protect your home and place of business.
Name: Local Locksmith MA
Address: Jamaica Plain, MA 02130
Phone: (617) 599-8288
Created on Sep 9th 2020 09:01. Viewed 363 times.