10 Interesting Facts About Dubrovnikby AA- FLY Travels
Here are 10 interesting facts about Dubrovnik you should know
1. Dubrovnik is situated in the Adriatic Sea of Southern Croatia and is one of the most prominent tourist destinations in the Mediterranean Sea.
2. Dubrovnik was listed in the UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1979.
3. Dubrovnik was originally founded by refugees from Epidaurum and it was initially known by the name of Ragusa.
4. The city saw an economic boom during the 15th and 16th century due to its high maritime trade.
5. During the early 2000s it emerged as the top tourist destination in the Mediterranean and was a popular filming spot like the-HBO Television series Games of Thrones.
6. Ragusa was originally founded during the 7th century and has been named after a rocky island-Lausa.
7. Some of the most popular attractions in Dubrovnik include Walls of Dubrovnik, Lokrum, Stradun, Rector’s Palace, the Cathedral of the Assumption of Virgin Mary, Old City of Dubrovnik, Church of Saint Blaise, Franciscan Church and Monastery, Sponza Palace, St Saviour Church, Banje Beach, Orlando’s Column and many more.
8. Dubrovnik experiences a humid subtropical type of climate where summers last only for one month. Summers are moderately dry, hot, and muggy while winters are cool, mild, and wet.
9. The city hosts an annual Dubrovnik Summer Festival which is a 45 day-long cultural event that features live concerts, plays, and games.
10. Dubrovnik is home to many historical buildings like-the Arboretum Trsteno that dates back to 1492. It is one of the oldest arboretum in the world and also the oldest in operation till today.
Book your flight tickets with AA-FLY if you want to save some money for your upcoming trips. Get the best of the best holiday deals and much more exciting travel offers with American Airlines Official Site.
Created on Dec 17th 2020 08:11. Viewed 149 times.