10 Interesting Facts About Beijing You Should Knowby Rick Johns americanflight
Make your reservations today with American Airlines Reservations to enjoy endless travel benefits for anyone of your favorite holiday destinations.
Here are some interesting facts about Beijing you should know;
1. Beijing is home to more than 21 million residents making it one of the most populated cities in the world.
2. It consists of 16 urban, suburban and rural districts and is directly governed as a municipality under the administration of the central government.
3. Beijing is bordered by Tianjin to the southeast region and the Hebei province.
4. Beijing is considered as a global power city-a world capital and the leading center for arts and culture, politics, diplomacy, economy, language, science, and technology.
5. In Fact Beijing is home to the largest number of Fortune Global 500 companies, it has been described as the billionaire capital of the world overtaking New York.
6. The Beijing Daxing International airport is the world’s largest single structure airport terminal and it is also home to the busiest and the longest subway network in the world.
7. Beijing has been classified as the Alpha+ city in the world, it ranks 7th in the world and 5th in Asia in the Global Financial Index.
8. Beijing’s UNESCO Heritage Site include Temple of Heaven, Summer Palace, Forbidden City, Great Wall of China, Ming Dynasty Tombs, Peking Man, etc.
9. Beijing is one of the oldest cities in the world with a history that traces back to the 3rd millennia.
10. Beijing hosted the 2008 Summer Olympics, 2022 Winter Olympics and will also host the 2022 Winter Paralympics.
Check out American Airlines to stay updated with the latest online deals and blogs.
Created on Oct 18th 2020 21:16. Viewed 164 times.