What Points Should One Keep In Mind Before Buying Solar Panels?by Jack Willan Professional Digital Marketer
Lighting up your house with renewable energy like solar panels can offer multiple benefits. One who installs the solar panels can reduce the carbon levels, save their cost on utility bills, and more.
Indeed, switching to solar panels needs a lot of consideration and planning. So, if you are new to renewable energy installation and have no clue where to begin? Here, you can look for details to find the best quality solar panels for your house and make the switch easier.
Points to bear in mind while purchasing a solar panel
Before the solar panel installation process, here are some of the points that one should analyze that include:
- Before buying a solar panel, you need to ensure that there is enough space for the installation. As most of the panels are seated on the roof, and the old houses might need modifications or repair before the installation.
- Alternatively, the panels can get installed in the yards if the space is available.
No matter where the panel is placed, positioning is essential for optimum use of the stored energy.
b) Choose a solar panel
As you might be aware, not all solar panels are the same. Initially, one needs to choose between solar electric panels ( PV panels) and solar thermal panels.
The main difference is that PV panels use solar cells to convert sunlight into electricity while solar thermal panels use mirrors to concentrate the energy. Apart from the panel types, one should view the following points:
- Performance, durability, and warranty
- With that, one can research online to find reliable sources before making any decision.
c) Check for permit requirements
Before seeking services from the best solar installation providers, one should check for the permit requirements. Different states and countries have varied rules for installing solar panels in residential areas. So, it is essential that one abides with the local zoning laws and applies the necessary permits for the smooth transition of solar installation.
d) Considering the cost
Undoubtedly, solar panels will help reduce costs in the long run, but other expenses must be recognized.
- The initial front-up cost is too high. In such situations, one needs to view whether they would be paying in full or require finance for the solar installation.
- Then, the cost of the contractor, repairs, maintenance costs, and permit fee.
e) Search for tax incentives or rebates
Few places offer incentives and rebates for
installing the best quality solar panels. The government even offers
credits to the house owners in some states to encourage the go green motto. So,
one can keep these options in mind to shrink the cost of switching to solar
Hopefully, the provided information would help the house owners in the easier installation of the solar panels and reduce the cost of the switch to renewable energy.
Created on Nov 10th 2021 23:49. Viewed 276 times.