What does a full-stack developer do? Simply put, they are responsible for the development and functionality of a website from front to back.
This includes everything from creating the layout and design to developing the code and ensuring that it runs smoothly.
If you’re looking to become a full-stack developer, searching for full-stack development service, or want to learn more about this comprehensive role, read on.
We’ll outline everything – What is a full stack developer? What skills do they need? What technologies do they need to learn? And what are the roles and responsibilities of a full-stack developer?
Ready? let’s get started.
What is a Full Stack Developer and why are they valuable?
They are more like a backbone for the team. A one solution expert who also knows databases, servers, system engineering, architectures, and client communication required to make complete products.
Hiring a full-stack developer can be advantageous for your company. They reduce the cost of developing projects, allow team members to work individually on the front end or back end depending upon their expertise, and contribute significantly towards growth within an organization.
A full-stack developer will not only help you but also strengthen any business venture with them included!
Skills of a full stack developer
We have divided skills into two separate sections. Technical skills and soft skills. Both are necessary to professionally govern the position of a full-stack development expert.
Frontend: The front end is a significantly valuable part of a website. It directly influences the company or brand’s growth by impacting the user experience, navigation, visuals, etc. A full-stack developer should know HTML/CSS with a solid frontend development framework, whether AngularJS, ReactJS, VueJS, or others. They must also possess the ability for staying on top of the trends.
Backend: Backend is another crucial aspect a full-stack developer must be acquainted with. They must know how the backend works, including APIs, databases, and server configuration. For precision, they must master at least one backend language, whether PHP, Java, C#, Ruby, Python, and a respective backend framework like Django, Spring, .Net, Express.js, or Rails.
Database: Database management is a massive part of the full-stack developer’s job. They must be able to work with basic functionalities like storing, creation, and management and more advanced ones such as SQL injections or data encryption via SSL connections from client-side applications. Oracle, MySQL, NoSQL, and PostgreSQL are some top used Database software that a full stack developer should know, and a master at least one of these to become proficient in their job.
Tech stacks to become a full-stack developer
There are many tech stacks used in web and mobile app development. A stack is a combination of frameworks, languages, platforms, and tools used in building applications. Anybody looking to hire dedicated developers must find someone proficient in at least one of these tech stacks.
- LAMP (Linux, Apache, MySQL, PHP)
- MEAN (MongoDB, Express.js, Angular, Node.js)
- MERN (MongoDB, Express.js, React, Node.js)
- Python, Django, Apache, MySQL
- Core Java, REST APIs, Hibernate, Spring, CSS, HTML
- Good communication and management skills
- A fluent command over English, since it is used worldwide.
- Ability to adapt to new technology, concept, environments, and development approaches.
- Ability to analyze data and make informed decisions.
- Problem-solving attitude and mindset.
- Knowledge of non-functional aspects of a product like security, testing, automation, performance, and optimization.
- Leadership and team motivation skills.
- Resource management abilities.
Roles and Responsibilities of full stack developer
While every organization has its own set of requirements and objectives, these are some common responsibilities a full stack developer gets to meet:-
- Create dynamic, interactive, end-to-end software products and apps, including frontend and backend.
- Plan, research, and design keeping user experience in mind, device usability, and architecture.
- Work with databases, servers, APIs, version control systems, and third-party applications.
- Provide insights on continuous improvement and manage functionality as per needs.
- UI strategizing for the website/application’s enhancement, performance optimization, scalability, and stability.
- Passion for staying updated with new tools, approaches, frameworks, and architectures.
- Ensure cross-platform compatibility and fix issues during the test and production phases.
- Handle a team of engineers and communicate well with them to explain the project roadmap and performance enhancement.
- Lead a team of web designers, developers, and network managers to ensure digital outcomes are in line with business objectives
After reading this article, we hope that you understand what hiring a full stack developer entails and how they can help your business grow.
If you still have some doubts about a full-stack developer and what you should be looking for when hiring a dedicated one, connect with an experienced full-stack development agency.
They would be happy to assist all your queries with a completely free roadmap for your full-stack development project.
All the best.
Created on May 3rd 2022 07:25. Viewed 234 times.