Weighted Blanket - Using a Weighted Blanket for Anxietyby Layla Sleep Sleep Product Manufacurer
A weighted blanket is designed specifically to relieve stress and give calmness to you while you sleep.Also called a pressure blanket, it exerts pressure on your body. Weighted blankets are made by filling in glass beads or plastic pellets to give additional weight. Some blankets even have some extra layers of fabric to increase heaviness even more.
Weighted blankets or hugging blankets help to exert deep pressure touch. This is why the person using it feels relaxed. This is also the reason the these are also called pressure blankets. The pressure touch activates the neurotransmitters dopamine and serotonin. These hormones promote feel-good vibes in the brain. These hormones can also help to reduce stress, anxiety, and depression. Gravity weighted blankets push your body downwards while you sleep. This process has an extremely calming effect on your body.
1. Weighted blankets promote grounding. Earthing or grounding helps to connect your body to earth which gives a calm stress-free feeling.
2. Hexagon quilting blanket or weighted blanket helps to reduce cortisol levels which leads to lack of sleep.
3. As discussed above, weighted blankets promote a relaxed and calm feeling while you sleep.
4. Weighted blankets help to reduce anxiety.
5. Cotton weighted blankets promote an undisputed and sound sleep and therefore you wake up relaxed in the morning.
The weight of your weighted blanket depends on the person who uses it. They weigh on an average of five to twenty-five pounds. To put it simply, the weight of your stress blanket should be 10% of your body weight. Thus for a child of 80 pounds, the blanket can be around 10 pounds.
Do Weighted Blankets Really Work ?
Absolutely!! Weighted blankets are no less than a blessing for people dealing with anxiety and stress. Shop for Layla blanket today and get to see the difference your self.
Created on Feb 4th 2020 05:20. Viewed 1,000 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.