Understanding Order Taking Servicesby Jennifer Aniston Author
Order taking services have been riding the tide of progress simultaneously along with the other BPO services. Gone are the days when people had to visit their suppliers to place an order. Earlier, customers had to go through the inconveniences to gather all the product and service related information including the quoted price, delivery facilities, seasonal availability etc. either solely through phone or in worst cases through personal visits. But the growth of the BPO sector has allowed us the opportunity of instant resolution of these issues.
We all, at some point in our life, has placed an order, it might be to a KFC outlet or to an e-commerce site. It might surprise some millennials that in contrast to today’s instant and automated order taking facilities, back in the time order placing used to be a chaotic experience. Not to mention the recurring accidents of delayed and mismatched deliveries.
Today’s order taking facilities uses the combination of both on-call order taking and automated order taking systems. Here, jotted down below are a few benefits of an order taking call center and the various measures they can employ to improve their efficiency.
• It allows a business to reach a larger section of the targeted audience at a short span of time
• After coming across ads and promotional contents of a particular product or service, a customer might have various questions and queries regarding the same. Reliable Order taking call center helps in satisfying such customer needs with professional agents. These agents are well adapted and experienced to impart the relevant information.
• Automated order taking systems may require the user to understand at least a basic level of English to operate the system. In such cases, language barriers can become hurdles. In these scenarios, a live phone call may be the best option. And additionally, order taking service provides a human touch which, in turn, boosts the trust of customers on your brand.
• The ability to provide round the clock service is another benefit associated with an order taking facility.
The above-mentioned pointers are a few ways of how an order taking call center increases the profitability of a business considerably. Both the b2b and the b2c industries have a varying type of needs in order taking. And to meet such diverse demands BPOs have devised customized processes and facilities with respect to their particular needs.
Now let’s take a look at the following measures on how to increase the efficiency of these order taking processes:
• One of the most vital requirements of an order taking process is that the agent must have a proper understanding related to all the features of the products and services he is dealing with.
• Messages acknowledging orders should be conveniently delivered through fax, texts, and emails.
• The agent should be trained to convincingly answer both expected and unexpected customer queries.
• Streamlined services ensuring limited errors is another key area where the efficiency of a process can be improved.
Created on Apr 26th 2018 02:25. Viewed 216 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.