Troubleshoot Asus Laptop Not Turning on Problemby Wendy Murphy Tech Consultant It becomes really annoying when you have lots of work to do but your Asus laptop fails to turn on. Even after pressing the power button several times, the laptop may not boot. There can be many reasons as to why your Asus laptop is not turning on, such as the problem with the CPU or motherboard.
But, you do not have to worry. Just follow the section below and troubleshoot your Asus laptop’s “not turning on problem” in no time.
Before proceeding to the troubleshooting steps, check whether the power light is on or off. Depending on your situation, you have to follow the further steps.
Solution: When the power light on your Asus laptop is ON
When the power light on your laptop is lit, it means the power cable and the adapter are working normally but there is some problem with the device. There is a possibility that a major component is not functioning properly due to which, your device fails to boot.
To eradicate the problem, follow the below-given steps:
- At first, remove the Li-ion battery from the rear of your laptop and use the power supply directly for charging. Skip this step if the Li-ion battery is not present on your Asus Notebook model.
- Remove all external devices like memory card, USB, HDMI, internet cable, and CD-ROM.
- Have you ever tried partitioning your device memory or hard-drive before the occurrence of the issue? If yes, reset your device.
Solution: When the power light on your Asus laptop is OFF
If the power light of your laptop is not on, it indicates that your adapter is not supplying power to the laptop due to which, the battery of your laptop is drained and hence, not able to boot the system.
Note: It may also mean that any one of the major components is not functioning properly.
To eliminate the problem, follow the below troubleshooting steps:
- At first, check that the adapter is connected tightly and is not loose. Also, you can try to plug into different outlets.
- Check for any damage on the adapter cable. In case you find it damaged, retry using a new adapter.
- If you have tried partitioning your device memory or hard-drive before this issue? If yes, reset your device.
In case your ‘not turning on' problem of your Asus laptop is not resolved, contact Asus support helpline number [icustomerservice.net/asus-customer-service] to provide you further assistance.
Created on Mar 15th 2018 05:43. Viewed 576 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.