Tips & Tricks to Resolve Canon Printer Error Code 5100by Chloe Jerrison Technical Writer
Being a reputed brand, Canon offers impressive printers. Canon printers are widely used in many places, including homes, offices, and schools. However, while printing many times, users encounter errors, and Canon printer error code 5100 is one of the fundamental errors. Apart from all this, there can be numerous reasons for this error code. Undoubtedly, errors irritate the users working on Canon printers as it hampers productivity. If you were also looking for the solution for why the Canon printer error code 5100 occurs, don't worry as it is easy to resolve.
Ways to Fix Canon Printer Error Code 5100
Before going ahead with the different solutions, users must check whether the complete protective covering is remained attached to the printer or not. Most of the time, users purchase a new Canon printer, and they forget to remove the protective tape/material from the printer, and it results in error code 5100. Follow the below mentioned steps to fix the issue of Canon printer error code 5100
· Open the paper output cover and check whether the protective material or tape is stuck in the fine cartridge or not
· If there is something attached to the printer, then remove it
· Once you remove the material from the printer, ensure to close the output cover
· After completing the above steps, restart your printer and check whether the printer error code 5100 is resolved or not.
If the error remains there even after following the above steps, then try the other ways mentioned below:
Method 1: Replace a Fine Cartridge
Method 2: Proper Adjustment of Ink Cartridge Panel
Method 3: Fix Paper Jams to Solve the Printer Error 5100
Method 4: Clean the Encoder Strip
Method 5: Reset the Printer to Default Settings
Tips to Avoid Canon Printer Error Code 5100
· Reset your printer at least once in a week
· Timely cleaning of the printer
· Use only recommended size papers
· Fix the assembly covers into their places properly
· Make sure that you're using the company's recommended ink cartridges
Created on Sep 24th 2020 07:19. Viewed 83 times.