Things to know about PAN migration while moving to a new residence

by Sathishbabu Raghav Financial Adviser

The question on most people’s minds today is if PAN should be migrated if they are moving to a new state. The answer is yea, it is necessary to get PAN migrated to a new Assessing Officer which will enable the processing of return that is filed by the assessee based on the new address.

In order to do this, the PAN migration application will have to be filed to the current Assessing Officer who holds the PN dominion. The request to transfer will have to be entered by the new Assessing Officer. The confirmation can be viewed on the website of the Income Tax Department of India. Once individuals visit the site, they will receive the designation and contact number of the officer mentioned in the ‘Field Offices’ column.

After the application has been filed, the source Assessing Officer will allow the request and will reach the source Commissioner of Income Tax for confirmation. This will then have to be accepted by him/her.

For confirmation, the applicant will have to visit the Income Tax Department of India’s website and move to the ‘Know your jurisdictional Assessing Officer column. The current status can be verified there by following the provided instructions.

Sponsor Ads

About Sathishbabu Raghav Innovator   Financial Adviser

23 connections, 1 recommendations, 82 honor points.
Joined APSense since, January 13th, 2015, From Bangalore, India.

Created on Aug 29th 2017 02:22. Viewed 582 times.


No comment, be the first to comment.
Please sign in before you comment.