The impact of Drones on the future of Public Safetyby Kevin Danielson Works at Candrone
With the Drones taking over the future, it has made life easier for everyone with their convenience of flying over areas with cameras, feeding information for the government over war land, farmers over agricultural land, or even for fun! These drone solutions are made for different situation, designed to tackle the particular problem. Also known as unmanned aircraft systems, they are becoming the most sought-out solution for ensuring public safety, both after the accident and to check for accidents. Although it is not fully adopted by all the public safety departments, it is becoming more popular and is being used more every day because of the ease of using them, the area they can cover, images that could be taken to analyze the damage, and requires very less personnel.
- For fires: The public safety drones are often sent to those areas that are filled with smoke, maybe a burning house or land, to check the damage and to see if there are any causalities. With their infrared and thermal cameras, which allows them to withstand extreme temperatures it can be used to see through smokes, which why it is widely used by firemen. Thermal imaging equipment is fixed to these drones, which help find hot spots or fires. Their special cameras can also help see through walls and obstruction, by sending signals, helping firefighters get an idea of where to go and rescue, or what is needed for the rescue mission.
- For forestry Industry: With over 900 million acres of forest areas to be protected, it can be a time consuming and tiring job, to be physically present around the vast area. Forest drone is specifically designed to hover in higher altitudes, and give information through images, to check on trespassing, infections and diseases or even fires, which, if left unchecked, can cause serious damage to humans around the area with polluted air and property damage. With a view of the forest land, it is much easier to analyze and proceed as needed.
- Rescue mission: With the help of drones, it is a simple task of sending the drone to scan the area like the sea or dessert and check for stranded people looking for rescue. It reduces the time and energy of physically sending resources to search the skies. It is very difficult to rescue boat accident victims, without knowing their location, especially when every minute could be the difference between their life and death.
- Relief management: After a natural calamity like a tsunami, earthquakes, or even a plane crash in a remote area, drones are used by the government to send reliefs like food, water, medicine, and other essential requirements, without having to wait for the relief team to reach the affected area. It can also take real-time images from top, to help the rescuers prepare for what is out there. This way, time is saved, with minimal personnel.
- Help in war and war-like situations: Drones are used to scan and give information about suspicious packages and to access a situation pf possible barricade with gunmen, without having to be there physically, saving lives.
There are companies like Candrone which can provide Operational Intelligence Technology with devices to help make smarter decisions without endangering the lives of humans. Their trusted products go through tough tests to make sure it is highly functional, which is necessary because it is used for national safety.
Created on Jun 10th 2020 06:30. Viewed 172 times.