Software Testing: Everything You Must Know About Itby Taruna Kashyap IT-Training
Software testing is a process to check whether a software matches the expected requirements or not. This process ensures that the developed software is not defective and is bug-free. Software testing involves both manual as well as automated tools to test the software. The main focus of testing software is to find the defect in the software and fill the gaps.
Benefits of Software Testing
Here are some reasons why it is beneficial: -
• Quality of the product: - While developing a product for a client, companies focus much on the quality of the product. Moreover, when it comes to the quality of a technical product, companies focus more precisely on every aspect. As in the world of technology, even a minor issue in the software can cause big losses. Testing the software makes sure about the better quality of the software.
• Cost-effectiveness: - The cost-effectiveness of any product is very important. Be it any product that a company Is selling or a service. While testing the software, finding all the bugs is the main priority of testers. Bugs are the reasons behind many defaults in the software. It can save lots of money if all the bugs get resolved at the beginning of the testing.
• Satisfaction of the customer: - It is sometimes hard to convince customers about everything. UI/UX plays a very important role to satisfy customers. Software testing also ensures that the customers get the best experience using their software. It is now easy to learn software testing on online platforms. Students can also access a Software Testing Online course in Oman.
Importance of Software Testing
Software testing is considered important because it removes all the errors or bugs available in the software. It helps to identify and solve the problems of the software before delivery. A well-tested software can ensure better performance, security, and reliability of the software. Moreover, it will be satisfactory to the customers and cost-effective.
Several examples in the past advocate the benefits of software testing. Some of them are: -
Fighter plane F- 35 was unable to detect targets in 2015 due to a software bug.
The Chinese Airbus A300 crashed on April 26, 1994. It also took several innocent lives.
Types of Software Testing
These are the 3 main types of software testing: -
• Functional testing: - This testing ensures that every function of the software is working properly or not. It also makes sure that the software has been developed according to the requirement. Every function of the software is matched to the requirement to confirm if it meets the end user’s requirements.
• Non- functional testing: - It is a type of software testing that checks the non-functional perspectives of the software. The best example of non-functional testing is testing the number of individuals who can log in to the software simultaneously. The Non-functional measure of testing is as important as the functional measure of testing.
• Maintenance testing: - After several years of using a system, it looks for its servicing. Maintenance testing helps to check and correct the operational capacity of the system. Parts of the system also get changed or corrected. For more information about maintenance, and testing you can enroll yourself in the Software Testing Online course in Dubai.
Software testing plays a very important role in launching software. People use software to solve their problems. It must not cause problems for them. We have seen in the history of mankind that even a small bug can create a huge mess. Testing software has got its benefits and importance. The most important reason to test any software is to make sure the final result meets the expected requirements.
Created on Jun 10th 2022 04:42. Viewed 249 times.