Rectify QuickBooks Error 1328by Accountant Squad Quickbooks assistance to SMEs and Startups
QuickBooks update Error 1328 is the most common error often appears while installing, updating, repairing or even uninstalling QuickBooks. This error may display on your computer screen in several ways, even though the file reference of these errors displays what the issue exactly is.
Reasons for QuickBooks Error 1328
1. The foremost reason is using a license number that is not matched with the version of QuickBooks that you are using.
2. If any few vital Windows system files are affected by viruses and malware.
3. If the software setup files you are using for the installation is corrupted.
4. If Windows is not shut down correctly.
Resolving QuickBooks Error 1328
Method 1: Accomplish Windows Update
1. Hold the Windows key on your keyboard and in the Search Programs and Files search box type Windows Update.
2. Click Windows Update icon at the top of the list.
3. Click Check for Updates and once the Windows has finished downloading the updates, click Install Updates.
4. Reboot your system and attempt installing or updating QuickBooks to check if the error is resolved.
Method 2: Modify Hidden System File Config.msi
1. Hold the Windows key on your keyboard and select Computer from the left side of the programs list.
2. From the left side, panel clicks Local Disk C.
3. Select Organize from the top and click Folder and Search Options.
4. From the View tab, unmark the Hide Protected Operating System Files
5. Click Apply and then OK.
6. From the search bar located at the top right of the window type and search for Config.msi file.
7. Right-click Config.msi file and select Rename.
8. Now, Add.OLD at the end of the file name.
9. Restart your Windows and attempt to use QuickBooks once again to check QuickBooks Error 1328 is resolved.
Method 3: Download and Use QB Install Diagnostic Tool
1. Select the link and download the QB Install Diagnostic Tool.
2. Once the download is finished, close other applications are running on Windows.
3. Click the setup file from the Downloads of your system.
4. Click Yes on the EULA Agreement
5. Select Proceed from the QuickBooks Desktop Install Diagnostic Tool window.
6. Stay till the tool updates all the Microsoft components, once the update is over, restart the Windows and once again attempt using QuickBooks.
Method 4: Rename the Folders where QB is Installed
1. Perform the steps mentioned in this article to Display Hidden QuickBooks Files.
2. Then, from Windows file explorer direct to the location where QuickBooks folders are present on your C drive.
3. Right-click every QuickBooks folder and click Rename.
4. Add.OLD at the end of the folder name and attempt using the QuickBooks Desktop application.
Method 5: Undergo a Clean Installation of QuickBooks Desktop on Windows
1. Hold the Windows + R key together on your keyboard to open the Run Window.
2. Type the command as Control Panel in the search bar of the Run Window.
3. From the Programs and features, the list looks for QuickBooks and click Uninstall/Change.
4. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
5. Download QuickBooks Clean Install Tool from Here.
6. Open QuickBooks Clean Install Tool and select I Accept on the license agreement page.
7. Follow the on-screen instructions to perform a clean installation of QuickBooks on your Desktop.
Hope this article provides reliable methods to solve QuickBooks Error 1328, for further help please call our QuickBooks Helpline Number. If you have any doubt or you need assistance please contact QuickBooks Support.
Created on Apr 15th 2019 09:06. Viewed 234 times.