Quick Dinner Recipes For When You Have Announced Guestsby Sumit Kapoor Marketing Manager
You suddenly hear the bell ring at eight at night, and you're wondering who that could be! The next thing you know is that you have guests who just decided to show up because they were crossing by. This has happened with almost all of us, and there's so much excitement in the air at that moment. But the one question that haunts the host is, 'what should I serve them for dinner? What dish should I prepare for my guests?' Well, we end that confusion here and bring to you three recipes you can cook in no time!
Vegetable Pulao Recipe
This recipe is a winner when it comes to easy and tasty dinner preparations. Read the recipe below:
- Firstly, take a mixer grinder and add chopped coriander, mint, ginger, garlic, and whole garam masala spices. Blend.
- Now, add 1/2 cup water and blend further till it makes a smooth paste. Keep this mixture aside.
- Take a kadhai and add 2 tbsp oil. Once it is heated, add bay leaf, cinnamon, and cloves of pepper. Saute the spices on low flame till you smell the aroma.
- Further, add chopped onions and wait till the onions become translucent.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook till the tomatoes become soft.
- Saute the vegetables on a low flame for about 2-3 minutes.
- Now, add the mixture that we prepared using the mixer grinder into the kadhai.
- Add 1 tbsp salt and mix it well before adding a cup of water.
- Once the water comes to a boil, add rice to it and cover the kadhai for about 20-30 minutes.
- Simmer the flame and mix well. At the end of 30 minutes, an aromatic and delicious veg pulao is ready to serve.
- This recipe is so easy and tasty that you will make it again and again without getting tired of it. You can buy rice online and prepare this recipe like a boss!
Quick Egg Roll Recipe
Egg rolls are easy and quick to make! They are a perfect dinner option, and they taste heavenly. To prepare:
- In a bowl, prepare a dough using flour and warm water.
- To prepare the filling: slice onions, capsicum, carrots and sprinkle lemon juice, salt, chopped green chilies, and coriander.
- Now, roll the dough in round parathas.
- Once the parathas are cooked, whisk eggs and keep them aside.
- In a pan, put the cooked parathas and pour the egg mixture over it in a considerable amount.
- Cook the parathas and eggs from both sides again, take it out, layer the veggies mix on the egg side and roll the paratha in a cylindrical form.
- Serve hot with sauce.
- Voila! Yum and hot dinner ready in 15 mins.
Dal Tadka Recipe
Make this quick and mouth-watering dal tadka that you can serve with roti or rice. Follow the steps below to make dal tadka:
- Add dal (lentils) along with a pinch of turmeric powder and salt to a pressure cooker.
- Cook the dal till four whistles and then keep it aside.
- Crush garlic, ginger, and green chilies. Also, chop some coriander.
- Now, in a pan, heat a fair amount of ghee on medium heat, and once it is hot, add crushed coriander and cumin seeds. Saute it for about 30 seconds, and then add chopped onions.
- Once the onions are cooked, Add the crushed ginger-garlic-chili mix and saute for a couple of minutes.
- Now add chopped tomatoes along with a tbsp salt and cook until tomatoes turn mushy.
- Now add red chili powder, garam masala, and Kasuri methi to the pan and keep stirring for 30 seconds.
- Finally, add the cooked dal from the pressure cooker to the pan and mix well. Add 1-2 cups of water based on the consistency you want.
- Let the dal cook for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- Drizzle some ghee on top of the dal for a more tempting look and flavor.
- You have your finger-licking dal tadka ready in just 25 minutes. To make this recipe anytime at home buy ghee online.
Serve any of these recipes to your guests or make them any day for yourself or your family in just half an hour.
Created on Jul 5th 2021 02:38. Viewed 416 times.
No comment, be the first to comment.