Pokémon Sword and Shield: Everything About Fossil Pokémon
by karen minton I am a software engineer
Pokémon Sword and Shield have introduced several new items and ideas in the Pokémon world. As the changes are unique, it is difficult for the players to get a comprehensive grasp of these changes. One of the most prominent changes is fossil Pokémon; every player is aware of them, but this generation of the game has totally changed this aspect of Pokémon. If you don’t know about them, then they are the Pokémon that have been extinct million years ago, but by the marvel of science, they can be brought back to life by using their fossils.
The Sword and the Shield contain two fossils Pokémon, and there are several rules that have been changed regarding them. The first one is the ratio of fossil Pokémon as the previous game had only two fossil Pokémon, but now they have added two more to the list. The second change is the type of fossil Pokémon as we only had Rocky type Pokémon. The third change is the way to bring fossil Pokémon to life.
Combination of Fossils Pokémon
The four fossils that have been added in this generation of the game comprises of the Bird fossil, the Fish fossil, the Dino fossil, and the Drake fossil. To bring the fossil Pokémon back to life, the player needs to combine to fossil to get one Pokémon. All the four fossil Pokémon have different abilities and are quite fortunate and dependent on what two fossils you choose to combine. The four only possible combinations in this game are dino +fish, dino +bird, drake+ fish, and drake + bird. There are also names for these combination includes :
- Dino fossil Pokémon name will get a prefix as “Arcto”.
- Drake fossil Pokémon name will get a prefix as “Draco”.
- Fish fossil Pokémon name will also get a suffix as “vish.”
- Bird fossil Pokémon will also get a suffix as “zolt.“
The fossil will also signifies the type of the new created Pokémon such as :
- Dino fossil will create “Ice-type” Pokémon.
- Drake fossil will result in Dragon-type Pokémon.
- Fish fossil will make a Water-type Pokémon.
- Bird fossil will create an Electric-type Pokémon.
Fossils After Combined
As discussed above, there are only four possible combinations that can be made in this game. Below is the name and abilities of the Pokémon, that will create by the fossil combination:
- The dino and fish fossil will create a Pokémon “Arctovish” with ice and water type Pokémon abilities.
- The drake and fish fossil will result in Pokémon’s name as “Dracovish: with dragon nad water type abilities.
- The dino and the bird fossil will make a Pokémon name as “Aractozolt” with electric and ice type abilities.
- The drake and the bird fossil will result in a Pokémon known as “Dracozolt” with dragon and electric type abilities.
- Possibly there are four Pokémon that can be created by combining fossils such as Arctovish, Dracovish, Arctozolt, and Dracozolt.
The fossil Pokémon from the Pokéworld is very similar to the fossils found in the real world as the prehistoric plants and animals end up as a fossil. The inspiration of the fossils in the Pokéworld mainly derives from the animal habitat as we clearly saw the name Tyantrum being adapted from Tyrannosaurus Rex and Omanyte from Ammonite.
In the new version, the concept has been changed a little and the thought is appreciated by the fans. it is now easier to locate fossil Pokémon whereas players wasted efforts of searching a fossil. All the four fossil Dino, Drake, Bird, and Fish are new and being loved by the players a lot.
The changes that have been made by the Game Freak clearly increase its reputation of taking risks as it is pretty dangerous to add changes to the game that people find worth for dying. Although they have succeeded as the game, new rules are offering the players a whole new experience inside their amazing Pokéworld.
Source :- https://norton-comsetup.uk.com/pokemon-sword-and-shield-everything-about-fossil-pokemon/
Daisy Martin is an avid technical blogger, a magazine contributor, a publisher of guides at norton.com/setup and a professional cyber security analyst. Through her writing, she aims to educate people about the dangers and threats lurking in the digital world.
Created on Dec 4th 2019 05:02. Viewed 54 times.