MAJMC Course Details
by Yash Saxena digital marketing
MAJMC is a career path students follow after completing BAJMC to add on more skills and acquire comprehensive knowledge of journalism and mass communication. Are you thinking of pursuing this course after BAJMC? This blog provides details about the Advantages of MAJMC and career opportunities after graduating.
Introduction to MAJMC?
MA in Journalism and mass communication is a 2 years postgraduate programme that offers students a deeper look into the theory and artistic skills of mass communication and journalism.
These are offered MAJMC Specialisations:
- Advance Reporting and Editing
- Business & Political Coverage
- Sports Journalism
- Audio Programming
- Storytelling for Screen
- Power of Images: TV and Films
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Creativity and Campaign Planning
- Brand Communication
Also Read: Best Career Options for Mass Communication Graduates 2022
Eligibility to pursue
The MAJMC Eligibility is aspirants must have completed an undergraduate degree from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% total aggregate marks.
What You Can Do After Graduating
A graduate of ma in journalism and mass communication can go for pursuing a PhD in Journalism and Mass Communication usually it took four to six years to complete this programme which depends on the student's previous education and professional background. Opposite of this is the job world where you can obtain experience and use your skills efficiently while working as a fresher in a real- professional world.
Top MAJMC Employers
- Hindustan times
- Times Group
- Star India
- ABP News
- The Hindu
- The Pioneer
- All India Radio
- Malayala Manorama
- Zee Network
- Indian Express
Scope of MAJMC
One of the Advantages of MAJMC is that it gives you a variety of fields to pursue.
- Marketing Research
- Social Media Marketing
- Video Editing
- Content Writing
- Creative writing
- Event Management
Top 5 Career Prospects after MAJMC
- Media Consultants: This is a major job profile after ma in journalism and mass communication because they are the ones who make strategies and certain activities to represent the media organisation they work in for a good face in the minds of the population.
- Journalists: You can find these officials working in the media, television, and radio industry but still some of them work as a freelancer. Their main work is to make reports by gathering information on politics, sports, discoveries, criminal activities, injustice etc.
- Social Media Manager: As the name suggests social media manager manages and runs campaigns on all social media websites for followers it also includes replying to comments and queries. Basically, they are the voice of an organization on the social media platform.
- Photo Journalists: they are visualizer of an event that occurred who uses photos and videos to describe a real story. They work closely with reporters and cover all types of news such as sports, war, sights of criminal activities, historical places, and geopolitical kinds of stuff to portray them in a visual form to tell the stories.
- Content Marketing Manager: Their main goal is to provide unique and interesting content on social media platforms for raising brand awareness and raising traffic. They also review written blogs to edit or make content strategies to lure consumers.
Created on Jul 13th 2022 01:37. Viewed 43 times.