Magento or WooCommerce: Choose the Right CMS for your Online Shopby David Mark Blogger, Web Developer, SEO, SMO
What is a CMS?
Simply put, a Content Management System (CMS) is used to influence the creation and modification of digital content. The advent of online marketing has meant that more and more companies are warming up to the phenomena of CMS Development Services. A number of platforms have emerged as a result, and the two main contenders for the top spot usually end up being Magento and WooCommerce.
But which CMS Platform should you go for? The perks related to both are distinguished and hence need a bit more understanding. As the leading Magento Development Company in India, let’s take a look at both the CMS software and choose the most efficient one between the two.
# Magento v/s WooCommerce:
1. Ease of Use: Simplicity is a virtue. Every business operation wishes to have it on their premises. Now since Woocommerce is essentially a WordPress plugin, the ‘easy to use’ quota goes pretty unmatched here.
WooCommerce here is the winner, hands down. The platform requires only a passable knowledge from your side, while Magento needs in-depth knowledge of Web Development terminologies.
2. Speed and Efficiency: Speed is usually the deal-breaker criteria as to why developers decide not to use a CMS software. Performance of your online shop is greatly influenced by the speed with which the host operates. Unfortunately, there isn’t a clear winner here, since the efficiency of your Magento store is dependent on the number of extensions and plugins that you choose to include while creating an e-store.
So based on the complexity of your shop features, either one of Magento or Woocommerce can have the upper hand here. Woocommerce under standard circumstances is a very lightweight software though.
Winner: Woocommerce (for simple websites)
3. Cost-effectiveness: Both Magento and Woocommerce are open source platforms and hence offered at zero initial cost. Magento hosting services can start for as low as $10 per month and go as high as $250, so naturally, not the most appealing pricing for small-to-mid scale organizations.
However, the services you get in return are surely worth the investment with Magento. Also, even for the free version, Magento store offers far greater flexibility, hence making it a clear winner.
4. Security: According to recent statistics, as many as 40,000 websites are hacked every day. Needless to say, security is a major concern and needs to be dealt with by the service provider. While both the platforms are the two foremost candidates in regards to that, Magento slightly takes the cake here.
Magento quite regularly comes up with updates and new security patches, that are crucial in dealing with online fraudulence. So even though no CMS is 100% foolproof, your best bet is to work with Magento here:
5. Online Support: Magento has been a major player for over a decade now while Woocommerce is comparatively a fresh addition to the field of eCommerce development. With greater experience (and an online community of millions of users), Magento has a slight edge here.
Especially when it comes to paid service, the premium Magento features are stacked with guidelines and documentation, while their support staff is available 24x7 to address any queries that you may have.
6. Features: Greater number of features obviously direct to better flexibility and customization options. Any Woocomerce Development Company in India will offer plenty of standard features alongside the online shop they create.
Magento, however, is the undisputed king of developing a featureful store, even when compared to any other CMS platform that exists today. Magento is a fully-fledged e-Commerce Development software while woo-commerce, as good as it is, simply supplements ecommerce functionality to WordPress.
Conclusion: With all said and then, it’d be a bit unfair to adjourned Magento the outright winner here. Even though basically has better functionality and appeal through and through, the platform is still most suited for well established large-scale corporations who can afford the premium (Paid) services.
All in all, even though Magento is a better platform, but depending on the scale and set-up budget of your business, both the CMS platforms serve the purpose well enough.
Future Profilez is the most renowned web development company in India. Our state-of-the-art eCommerce Development solutions guarantee to offer you brand exposure to a wider audience. Our SEO/SMO at the same time ensure that all your services/products are displayed at the topmost position of all related search results.
Created on Aug 3rd 2019 07:20. Viewed 206 times.