Learn the simple steps to get Garmin MAP Update for freeby Garmin mapupdate Garmin GPS Update
Global positioning system (GPS) units such as the Garmin unit users keep in their car to make their driving to unknown places and also as simple as cruising their own neighborhood. These devices ideal to determine their exact position using GPS satellites and also compares their location to its stored maps for finding out the points of interests around user such as roads, restaurants or rivers. With accurate maps, the Garmin device will provide preside instructions to attain destination. But, if the maps are out of date, then it could send users to the wrong way down towards one-way street. It can make users to take inefficient routes or also call for a turn where none exists. However, anyone can get Garmin MAP Update for free to ensure the accurate instructions and appropriate performance of new device.
Look at the easy steps to get the Garmin MAP update for free:
· First of all, user need to connect their Garmin GPS device with their computer by using a USB cable provided with the device.
· With the help of a web browser go to Garmin’s find Map updates page.
· Choose automotive and tap on download map updates.
· Save the file to your desktop and if the download button does not appear then your device is not eligible for free updates.
· Double-click on the downloaded file to install the Garmin Map updater on the computer. User also needs to update Microsoft .NET framework before you can continue.
· Tap on the search for device when the application is completely installed. Once your device is fully recognized then read the disclaimer and then tap on continue.
· If the application says that a free map update is available then click on continue. If user sees that maps are up to date, then there is no need to update. If user saw "A map update is available for purchase," then their device is not eligible for a free update.
· When prompted ready to update Maps, then simply click on continue. If device lacks the storage space which is required to install the update, then you will need to remove some pictures or music files to make room.
· While the update downloads and installs then leave the device plugged in. It can take numerous hours to finish.
Some additional tips that need to keep in mind while updating Garmin MAP.
· A Garmin device is only entitled for a free update within 90 days of the first time when it connects to a satellite.
· Garmin units that have names LMT, LM or LT in their model are eligible for lifetime free map updates.
· Map updates can be easily purchased via Garmin update site or by using the Garmin updating steps mentioned above.
· You can easily purchase a lifetime update subscription for Garmin device for paying an additional fee on the Garmin site.
Warning to keep in mind
It is not safe to setup your GPS while driving as it can lead to accident. Pull over for the safety of everyone on the road.
Hopefully, after pursuing these steps, you will be able to get free Garmin GPS Update or Garmin Map update in an efficient manner.
Created on Sep 2nd 2019 05:47. Viewed 37 times.