How to Use the Voice Access Accessibility Feature in Android 11by Bond Walker i am a web developer
Android 11 has lots of great features in it like chat bubbles, in-built screen recorder, new and improved UI, etc. Besides all these fantastic features, Android 11 also has a new and improved Voice Access feature in it.
Voice Access feature is one of the best features of Android 11. The feature has been designed to make the life of an Android user a little easier. Using this feature, you can give a command to your phone through your voice instead of physically touching your mobile screen. Awesome, right? So, if you are an Android 11 user, then you can use this feature to make your life easier.
Here is everything you need to know about Android 11 Voice Access feature
How to download and install Voice Access App in Android 11?
By default, Android 11 does not have Voice Access feature in it. Therefore, you must download the Voice Access app from the Google play store and enable the feature manually on your smartphone.
Following are the steps that you must follow to download and install the Voice Access feature on your smartphone:
1. Go to Google play store.
2. Click on the search bar and type “Voice Access” in the search box.
3. Next click on the “Install” button of the app.
4. Once the app has been downloaded, click on the “Open” button.
5. Next, you will see a prompt on the screen with the following message “Select OK to go to Accessibility Settings, then enable Voice Access.”
6. Click on the “OK” button.
7. After that, select the “Voice Access” option in the Accessibility settings.
8. Now tap on the toggle button near the “Use Voice Access” option.
9. Now you will see a prompt with a message “Allow Voice Access to have full control of your device?”. Click on the “Allow” button.
10. You will see another prompt on your screen with a message “Permission required.” Click on the “Continue” option.
11. Next, click on the “Allow” option to grant all the necessary permissions.
12. Now click on the “Next” button to watch the tutorial on using the “Voice Access” feature or click on “Exit” option to finish the setup process.
13. Now you have successfully installed the “Voice Access” feature on your smartphone.
How to customize Voice Access in your smartphone?
Once you have installed the Voice Access on your smartphone the next that you have to do is customize it to make it work, the way you want it to work. For example, you can create a shortcut for Voice access or enable an action key.
Creating a shortcut for Voice Access
To create a shortcut for Voice Access, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to your mobile notification panel, and you will see a notification from the “Voice Access” app.
- Click on the “Settings” option.
- Tap the toggle button near the “Activation button.”
- Now you have successfully created a shortcut for accessing the “Voice Access” feature, and you will see a blue bubble on the top of your mobile screen.
- Using the blue bubble, you can easily access the Voice Access feature by tapping on it.
Enabling Action key for Voice Access
To enable action key for Voice Access, follow the below-mentioned steps:
- Go to the notification panel by swiping down from the top of your smartphone screen.
- Next, click on the “Setting” option in the notification from the “Voice Access” app.
- Next, click on the “Configure action key” option.
- Now click on the “Activation key” option.
- Now you will see a prompt with a message “Press the key combination you’d like to use.
- Now press the volume-up/Volume -down button and click on “OK.”
- After that, tap on the “Activation key behavior” option.
- Next, you have to select the behavior for the activation key. For example, you can select the “Tap to start, tap to stop” option inside of the “Activation key behavior” prompt.
- Now you have successfully enabled the action key for Voice Access.
How to use the Voice Access feature?
Now you have successfully installed the voice access app on your mobile and have also learned to customize it. The next thing that you must learn is how to use the Voice Access feature on your mobile.
Do you see numbers on your screen when the Voice Access feature is turned on? These numbers were used to interact and give commands using the Voice Access feature before the release of Android 11.
But now you don’t have to rely on using these numbers. For example: To open the Twitter app, all you have to say is “Open Twitter,” and the voice Access feature will open the app. However, you can still use numbers to give commands if you want.
Voice Access feature is a great and helpful feature that allows you to use your phone by giving commands when you could not use your hands for using it. However, the feature is not perfect, and you might not get your desired results every time you use this feature. So, don’t rely completely upon the Voice Access feature for using your phone.
I’m Bond walker . I’m a web developer living in New york. I am a fan of technology, a publisher of guides at Bussiness Directory and programming. You can read my blog with a click on the button above.
Created on Jul 16th 2020 03:53. Viewed 290 times.