How to troubleshoot QuickBooks Error H505by Linda Martin Certified QuickBooks Expert
QuickBooks Error H505 is a type of multi-user mode error, it occurs when QB Company File requires additional configuration. It is a part of H series error which includes- 6000, H101, H202, H303 and H505, all of these arises due to problems with Hosting settings.
QuickBooks Error Code H505: Basic Info
Error Name – QuickBooks Error H505
Comes on – Windows XP, 7,8, Vista
Error Description – QuickBooks has faced a problem and needs to close. Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
Causes of QuickBooks Error H505
QuickBooks Error Code H505 appears if there is any Multi-user hosting set up issue. Therefore, the error occurs when the user tries to access the company file located on another computer with improper QuickBooks Installation and set-up. There are several other causes behind this error which are listed below:
- Damaged/wrong .ND file-
- QuickBooks services not started-
- Couldn’t find IP address of Host Computer-
- Incorrect Configuration settings-
- Improper Firewall Settings-
- Incorrect DNS Settings-
Symptoms of QuickBooks Error Code H505
- QuickBooks Error H505 is displayed on the screen and crashes the program window.
- Your system frequently crashes while running the same program.
- QuickBooks Error code H505 shows up on the screen.
- Windows run sluggishly and responds very slowly to mouse or keyboard.
- Your PC freezes periodically.
Solutions to Fix QuickBooks Error H505
Given below are some potential solutions to resolve QB error H505 easily.
Solution 1: Create a Company File Folder
- First of all, create a ‘Replacement Folder’ on the hosting computer.
- Share the original folder and give access permissions to Windows.
- Now copy .qbw file to the new folder in multi-user mode.
- Try to open the company file now.
Solution 2: Open Network Ports Used to Transmit Knowledge
-> Configure Firewall settings
- The first step is to open Windows Firewall settings and then right-click on Windows option.
- Next, click on instrument panel, type Firewall in the search box and hit Enter.
- Click om Windows Firewall and select Advanced Settings option.
- Now you have to right-click on Outbound Rules and choose New Rule.
- Click on Ports and then Next.
- You have to click on TCP and enter the following ports:
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017-8019,56727,55373-55377
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2016-8019,56726,55368-55372
- For QuickBooks Desktop 2015-8019,56725,55363-55367
- Click on Next and choose ‘All the Connection’.
- Press Next and enter name in the field and click Finish.
- You have to repeat step 1-5 for Inbound Rules.
- Try to open QuickBooks in multi-user mode again.
->Turn-on Network Discovery
- Go to Control Panel and click on System and Security.
- Now select Windows Firewall.
- Click on permit associate app/feature on the left side. (if you are using Windows serer 2012)
- Now click on Modification option.
- Choose Network Discovery and hit Ok.
->Check your server name
- Press Windows + R together to open Run command.
- Now type CMD and hit Enter.
- Search for the “Host Name” in the IP Configuration tab.
- Check the server name on the right side and save.
Solution 3 – Verify hosting and services
- Firstly, you have to open QuickBooks on each workstation.
- Now choose File and select Utilities.
- If you find Host Multi-user access on the list, it says that this system is not hosting the company file.
- If you find Host Multi-user access at the workstation, then move to the next PC.
- If you see Stop Hosting the Multi-user Access then press on it.
- Repeat the step 1-3 on each PC.
->Verify QuickBooks Services
- Firstly, press Windows + R to open Run command.
- Now type msc and then hit Enter.
- Search Services.msc in the search bar.
- Next, scroll down and search for QuickBooksDBXX service.
- Double-click on QuickBooksDBXX service.
- Now click on Recovery tab.
- If you see any problem, then restart QuickBooksDBXX service.
- Press ok to save changes.
- Repeat step 1-6 for QBCFMonitorService.
- Now open QuickBooks in multi-user mode on each system.
This article will help you resolve Error Code H505 seamlessly. If you need technical assistance, talk to our certified experts at QuickBooks Support Phone Number 1-877-263-2742 and get instant solution.
Created on Apr 23rd 2019 04:48. Viewed 86 times.