How to Transform Your Handwriting into Font?by Romy Martine Software and Tech
Do you want to turn your handwriting into usable fonts for your digital device? If yes, then we are here to assist you. There are several tools available that can help you to transform your scribbling into a computer font. It helps to personalize your digital stationery, especially if you write legibly on a piece of paper.
Among several font tools, one is the Calligrapher that is also known as MyScriptFont. In order to turn your legible handwriting into a system font via this tool, you need to get registered with Calligrapher. You can easily generate a single font set for free. If you like to do something extra, then you have to pay a nominal amount of $8 per month. To make your handwriting digital, you need to use a scanner and printer.
Transforming Your Handwriting into Font
The entire procedure of transforming your handwriting into font is very easy. You should follow these broad steps:
- You have to register yourself at Calligrapher and then download the respective template.
- After that, finish all the steps of the particular template in your handwriting that can be easy to understand.
- Next, you should upload the same to the website and wait for some time for the process to complete.
- The process will digitize your writing and then transform the same into a readable computerized font file for you to download.
To know the detailed steps to transform your handwriting into system font, then follow these steps:
- First and foremost, access the Calligrapher application on your device. You have to download the same using any internet browser.
- Then, you need to register yourself.
- After that, download the particular template and then take a print as your portrait.
- Now, complete the template using a black pen.
- Next, scan your completed template and then save the same into PNG format.
Note: Ensure that the glass of your scanner is properly clean. If any rough mark or major dust particle exits, it will also be visible on your print or scan.
- Then, you have to upload the particular file to the site of Calligrapher by choosing the Upload Template option there.
- Choose the Add Characters to Your Font option situated at the lower portion.
- After that, you have to choose the Build Font option and then verify the same by hitting the Build option to initiate the font file creation procedure.
- Next, you need to download the completed .tff file using your website.
Note: While printing your scanned item, ensure to use the portrait format. It is also recommended to write your document with a good quality black pen and ensure all the letters are clear and legible. You have to ensure that your printing material must be 300ppi and no larger than 4000×4000 px.
- Now, you should give a particular name to your file, something meaningful. You can save your file as JPG and PNG too. You can even save your document in TTF, SVG, or OTF files if your system supports these file formats.
Note: keep all the letters in the box and ensure that they are clearly visible on your screen.
Editing the Document
In case you like to edit your font details, you can easily change the word and line spacing, font size, etc., to make it work better. It may take some time to proceed with the tweaking process. Repeat the editing process if you are unhappy with the result.
You can easily install your font file on your device. The process is very simple for you. Follow these steps to do the same:
If you use Windows, then you can either copy or paste the file in the Fonts folder. You can easily perform a right-click or double-click on the same. Then, choose the Install option there. If you want to use Mac for this purpose, you can easily copy and paste your file into Font Book or preview it.
In order to install the font on your device, follow these steps:
- Choose the Install Font option there.
- Once you have successfully installed your font, you can easily use your font in some applications and programs.
Note: You cannot change the default system font, but you can efficiently utilize the same in MS Word, Excel, and other programs.
If your handwriting is very legible and clear, then you can transform the same into a computer font system to make your work easier. There are several tools available on the internet like Calligrapher, Fontifier, etc. Follow all the onscreen directions after opening the Font tool on your device.
Created on May 5th 2021 05:07. Viewed 248 times.