Free Up Storage Space by Deleting These Windows 10 Files & Foldersby Romy Martine Software and Tech
We have a fresh technique to free up significant storage space by removing a few files and folders on your Windows operating system. We will delete some unnecessary system files from your computer that will provide you with a few gigabytes of free space. If you are running out of storage space in your computer’s system drive, you must free up some space to make your computer work effectively. If the system partition on which you have installed the operating system is clogged with too many files, it will lower down the performance. Furthermore, it will also decrease the life of your SSD or HDD. Nowadays, SSD laptops have very limited space, and that’s why users often cry for not having desired space in the system C partition.
Nowadays, most computer manufacturers use SSD instead of HDD in laptops to increase performance. SSD is typically a lot faster than traditional HDD drives. However, SSDs are a lot costlier. To optimize the product expense, many companies provide a low SSD storage space on their laptops. For example, many manufacturers are only providing 128 or 256 GB of SSD storage on their laptops.
So users have very limited space in their system partition. So if you have searched how to free up space on your Windows 10 system drive by removing some files and folders, you have arrived on the right website.
Let’s see how to remove some unnecessary files from your system to free up space.
Gain More Space on Windows 10 by Removing These Files
1. Using Disk Cleanup
Please obey the below steps:
- Open this PC icon on your computer. Or else, open the file explorer on your computer and click on This PC from the left side navigation bar.
- Find the C drive, which is the system drive in most computers. You have to find the system drive on your computer.
- Make a right-click on it and select the properties option.
- Click on disk cleanup.
- Check all options and click on ok to start the process.
- Once the process wraps up, also click on the “clean-up system files” option.
- Do the same there as well.
- You will be able to clean a large amount of unnecessary data from your computer using this method.
2. Delete the hibernation file
The system drive on your computer also contains a file known as the hibernation file. Your computer uses this file for hibernation mode. You can delete this file if you can use your computer without hibernation mode. The hibernation mode helps your computer to remember all your open tabs, windows, and work.
If you don’t want to keep it, you can disable this mode and delete its file from your system drive using the steps below:
- Open the command prompt on your computer with admin privileges.
- Then enter the below-given command and hit the enter button.
- powercfg.exe /hibernate off
- Congratulations, you have successfully disabled the hibernation on your computer.
- Restart your device.
Your computer will also automatically delete the hibernation file, and you will notice significantly more space in the system partition.
3. Recycle Bin
Clean your recycle bin and make sure it is 100% empty. The files in the recycle bin require a lot of system storage. By clearing it, you will notice a lot of empty space in the system.
4. Temp folder
Search for %temp% in the start menu and then select the best matching result. This will take you to the temp folder inside your system. Select all files and delete them permanently. Restart your computer and observe the recently released space.
We hope you have liked the recommendations we have given in this article to free up space on your computer. Thanks!
If you have searched for how to free up space on your Windows 10 system drive by removing some files and folders, then you have arrived on the right website.
Created on May 21st 2021 04:13. Viewed 142 times.