How to start an ecommerce business
by Mariable P. SEO
The first thing to building an online business is to decide what products you want to sell. If you already know what you want to sell, then you’re one step closer to a good start. If not, prepare for one of the most difficult parts, as bearing in mind a product idea isn’t enough. You also need to make sure the product you opt for sells well enough to bring your business desired profit.
There are four main types of products online businesses sell:
- physical goods ( clothes, electronic devices, food)
- digital goods (ebooks, software, apps )
- courses, webinars and more
So now you aware of the types of products, but how to choose the right one for your business. There are a few factors you need to look at when making the decision about your product offerings. unique value proposition (UVP), high margins, and can be easily warehoused and shipped.
Here’s how to choose a product to sell in your ecommerce store:
- Carry out market share research and identify the demand for the products you’re considering to sell
- Conduct a competitive analysis to estimate potential competition. You can use SEO tools Semrush and Site profiler to get insights such as top keywords, audience demographics, social media metrics, top-selling products on your competitors’ ecommerce stores.
- Find a product that has a unique value proposition (UVP)
- Analyze relevant groups and pages on social networks (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram) to get insights on goods and services that are trending.
- Go over sections for best-selling products on sales channels such as Etsy, Amazon, eBay, AliExpress to check the check if there’s anything there that you can offer as well.
- Continue reading here
Created on Aug 11th 2020 08:05. Viewed 538 times.