How to Show Hidden Files and Folders on Windows 10
by karen minton I am a software engineer
Windows OS provides multiple features to hide various folders, files, images and other data while working on Windows 10. It also used to hide overall drives as long as you wish. It’s an interesting feature that lets the user hide their data so that they avoid data loss unintentionally. Some of the users are using this feature to hide their data or personal files from theft or prying eyes.
Here, we are going to provide some easy methods to hide and unhide several files on your PC.
Viewing Hidden Files by Using the Shortcut of File Explorer
- First and foremost, tap Window and E keys altogether to launch File Explorer.
- Navigate to View section; there you will find a mark-box related to hidden data and files. It is directed to select it to expand the listings related to hidden folders and data located in that specific folder.
- Now, the hidden files folder was automatically linked to Windows 10. Before this action, you should unhide folder and files by navigating the properties tab. You may unmark the option when you wish to hide your all data once more.
- Then, notice the selected files related tab that you have done to hide. It is located on the right-hand side just above the screenshot.
- Now, choose your desired folder and files that you wish to hide.
- After that, tap the appropriate button to hide your data.
Note: If you wish to show hidden files and data again, then hit the same tab to make them appear.
Showing Hidden Files through Folder Properties Menu
- Firstly, launch the File Explorer window by tapping Window and E keys simultaneously.
- Then, apply right click on your desired folder to expand it for hiding various files and folder in it.
- Then, go to the General tab and look for the hidden contents and files. Then tap the particular option for hiding various files and folders.
- After that, repeat these processes and then uncheck the mark-box related to Hidden files. It will show all your selected folders and files that you have concealed earlier.
By Control Panel
In case, you are unable to show hidden files on Windows 10 after being applied to the above methods; then it is recommended to use Control Panel for the same.
- First of all, tap “Window” key and S button simultaneously on your keyboard to launch search menu.
- Now, you have to search for the Control Panel option and then expand it.
- Next, search and launch the option “File Explorer” inside Control Panel.
Note: You will find various option such as View hidden files, drives and other folders by navigating the tab “View.”
- Now, choose it and then tap on the “Apply” option to save all your modifications. It will enable you to see all the hidden files and documents.
Hiding Drive through Disk Management Utility tool
If you wish to Hide Entire Drive through Disk Management Utility tool, then follow these instructions:
Disk management tool provides the feature to hide external and internal drives on your PC. The tool is not available in the search list, but you can launch it through the Run prompt box.
- First and foremost, hit Window and R keys simultaneously. It will expand the run dialogue box.
- Then, enter the following keywords:
- After that, apply right click on your desired drive that you wish to hide.
- Then, choose the option “Change Drive Letter and Paths.”
- Now, choose your drive here and tap on Remove button so that you can hide your drive properly by navigating the File Explorer window.
Note: In case, you wish to hide these files in coming days, then you will have to hit the “Add” tab in place of “Remove.” Then allocate the appropriate drive character by navigating the pull drop list.
Created on Feb 13th 2020 03:45. Viewed 252 times.