How to get started with iTunes on MAC?by Scarelett Thomas Accounting Software Support
Nowadays, iTunes has become a vital part of any iOS device. If you want to listen, store, manage, transfer, or purchase any music or song, iTunes provides you all the features related to this. In the early days of the launching of its previous version, it was only a jukebox to store your music, playing or copying it. Now the latest edition has been linked with your iCloud account as well as your iPhone or iPad devices.
Signing your iTunes store
First of all, an Apple ID is mandatory for you to monitor and login into iTunes. To do this, follow this procedure:
1. Launch your iTunes and go through the onscreen terms and conditions to continue.
2. Tap the “Sign in to the iTunes Store” option.
3. Now type your Apple ID into the space provided for the ID to enter.
4. Now tap the “Sign In” button to proceed.
5. Now type your secured password.
6. Then tap the Sign In button to continue.
In case, you have enabled your Apple ID to verify through the two-way authentication process; then you have to enter a six-digit authentication PIN from any of the desired devices.
· In case, you have used the iCloud previously; then your iTunes will fetch all your contents, music files, songs from your iCloud Music Library.
Signing iTunes after creating Apple ID
It is mandatory to have an Apple ID to proceed with your iTunes function. If you don’t have an Apple ID, create it and then login to your iTunes.
For creating your ID, you need:
· Already created and active email address.
· Strong password.
· Your valid birth date.
· You will be asked the three recovering questionnaires and their answers to authenticate the identity of your account.
· A secondary email ID to retrieve your account if you are not using the two-factor verification process.
If you have created your Apple ID, open iTunes to avail the service by these steps:
· Click on the login option, which reads as “Sign in to the iTunes Store.”
· Hit the “Create a new Apple ID” tab and then proceed with the steps to set up a new one. Now, you may log in to your fresh Apple ID.
· Now tap the “Sign in” button through the account option.
· Now provide the Apple ID.
· Then press the “Sign In” button.
· Then provide your secured passcode.
· Hit the “Sign In” option.
Now you will see that you have successfully logged into your account.
Purchasing songs & music from the iTunes Store
Follow these steps to know more about how to buy music on Mac.
1. Select the “Music” option under the media type option.
2. Now hit the iTunes store button and then explore and browse your favorite song that you wish to purchase.
3. Then hit the “price” tab.
4. In the next section, type your specified Apple password.
5. Now tap the “Buy” option.
Importing existing multimedia files on Mac into iTunes
In case you wish to transfer any media files from your computer or to purchase any media formats from websites etc., and want to save to your iTunes library, you may do so by these simple tricks:
1. Go to the File menu and then tap “add to library” option.
2. Search the music folder that you wish to store to your iTunes library.
3. Now hit the “Open” button to extract the file contains music and is located inside the particular folder.
Scarelett Thomas, writer of this blog loves to write about troubleshooting tips, beginner’s guides and other varied topics. Major topics of her interest are quicken support, quickbooks support, turbotax support etc.
Created on Nov 7th 2019 02:19. Viewed 68 times.