HOW TO GET RID OF QUICKBOOKS ERROR CODE 6189?by Alexa Thomson I am an accountancy expert who has worked with
QuickBooks is the leading financial management software suite designed and developed by Intuit. Generally, QuickBooks is utilized by many small and medium-sized organizations for calculating their financial expenses and accounts. Apart from software, QuickBooks offers on-premises accounting application and cloud-based versions which easily accepts business payments, pay your bills and calculate accurate payrolls. However, it is an outstanding and easily accessible accounting software tool and renowned among the users.
Nevertheless, while functioning with the software, there are certain situations when users may encounter lots of different technical issues, and one such is QuickBooks error code 6189. Typically occurs during running or opening a company file in QuickBooks or we can say it’s a runtime error. Instantly shows a QuickBooks error code 6189 and create that files inaccessible. Though, it’s a windows error that affects your computer system badly. Thus, it is very necessary to troubleshoot this error as soon as possible.
Causes of QuickBooks Error Code 6189
Well, there are many causes of this QuickBooks error code 6189, below we mentioned some common causes which are as follows:
- It occurs due to a missing transaction log file (.tlg).
- Corrupted or damaged QuickBooks related company file.
- Lack of permission for the Windows user account.
- Working with the outdated version of the QuickBooks company file.
- In case, an important file is located in the read-only folder.
Steps to Getting Rid of QuickBooks Error Code 6189
Underneath are some resolving steps which assist you to solve the issue. But you have to follow these steps in the same sequence as mentioned below just to avoid trouble and saves lots of time. Here how to get rid of:
- Firstly, search for the QuickBooks transaction log file (.tlg).
- Then, right-click on that file to rename it.
- Now, verify the user permissions given to QBDataServiceUserXX for your QuickBooks version.
- Once confirmed that the QuickBooks related files are not encrypted.
- After that, click to copy the QuickBooks files which are not encrypted.
- Press twice on the QuickBooks file that you recently posted on the system’s screen.
- Still, if the file is not opened, navigate to that folder in which the file was stored.
- In case, some other users able to access the file from the different computer system, then you need to troubleshoot the data damage.
- If any other organization or company cannot able to open the company file, you need to launch a sample company file and after that carefully restore all a backup of all your company file.
Created on Mar 5th 2019 23:04. Viewed 403 times.