How to Fix Skype Is Not Working Issue?by Selena Cass IT SUPPORTS
Skype is a very helpful and powerful tool. Sometimes, Skype stops working all of a sudden. Fortunately, there are some ways that can make you connect with Skype and make it work like earlier.
The issues can be related to the microphone or with the settings- You are not able to hear the other person or vice versa. Many of the people even face the problem of signing in to Skype because they forget their password etc.
Best ways that can make your Skype work again like earlier.
Resetting the password
Are you facing any problem while signing into Skype? If yes, then follow the given below instructions carefully.
- Firstly, put the mail address that you generally enter on Skype.
- After that, do according to the instructions given over there for setting a new password.
- Lastly, sign in to enjoy using Skype like earlier.
Check whether other people are also having a problem with Skype
You can even come up with the problem that you cannot solve by yourself. In such cases, you can only wait for some time and let Skype solve that problem by itself.
- You can get to know about it by going through the check Skype Status or Heartbeat. Note that, if any problem will be with a Skype then, it is going to make changes to its web, cell phones, and laptop, etc.
- The other step that can be taken is checking the Down Detector to know whether other Skype users are giving the same report that Skype is down or facing other connection issues.
- If sites inform you about the issue, implies that many other users of Skype facing the same problem and that you are not the only one. So you need to wait till fixes such issues.
Check network connection
The fact is that Skype will not work if there is no network connection. This statement is valid for users who use Skype on Wi-Fi from any gadget.
By the above-stated method if you still were unable to fix the Skype issues, then surely you are facing network problem. You should go for a restarting of your router.
The other situation can be that if plenty of people on one single network are using the internet at the same time, then you should pause or stop the working on such gadgets and check if Skype is behaving normally like earlier.
Skype for smartphones
If you are not able to do video calling on any of your iOS gadgets, then read the given below instructions.
- Firstly, go to the Settings application.
- Look for the Skype option.
- After that, switch on the Camera if it is switched off.
Lucia Mandela is a Microsoft Office expert and has been working in the technical industry since 2002. As a technical expert, Lucia has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as office.com/setup.
Created on Feb 20th 2019 13:04. Viewed 147 times.