Google chrome is the most popular browser around the world, but it is not perfect and can show error while browsing. ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED is the standard error, and it mostly occurs when the users try to visit any particular site. It shows the problem is with DNS or with the network, and it appears with a blank page with a message. If the user wants to fix this error, then you are on the right post. Read through the blog and follow the steps to fix error ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED on Google Chrome.
FIX 1: Steps to Change the DNS of Google
If the user wants to change the DNS of Google, then you can follow the provided steps:
- Right-click on Start then choose Network Connections.
- Tap on Ethernet on the right pane.
- Select Change adapter.
- Right-click on Ethernet and choose Properties.
- Locate Protocol Version 4 and then click Properties.
- Press Use DNS server addresses in Properties section then type:
- Preferred DNS server: 184.108.40.206
- Alternative DNS server: 220.127.116.11
- Press OK.
FIX 2: Steps to Clear the host cache in Chrome
If you wish to Clear the host cache in Chrome, then pursue the given instructions:
- Go to Google Chrome and navigate to chrome://net-internals/#dns.
- Tap on Clear host cache
FIX 3: Steps to Renew the DNS Using Command Prompt
In case you intend to renew the DNS using Command Prompt, then go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Tap on Start and input cmd in the search option.
- Right-click on Command Prompt and choose Run as administrator.
- Input the command and press Enter after each command:
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /renew
- ipconfig /registerdns
- Start the system again and check the error.
FIX 4: Steps to Clear the Cookies of Browsing
Browsing cookies helps in increasing the speed of the web browser as they keep suggestions at one place, but sometimes these browsers lead to data breaches, and it becomes necessary to clear the cookies.
If you want to clear the cookies of browsing, then abide by the given steps:
- Go to Google Chrome and input chrome://settings/clearBrowserData.
- Select All time in the Pick time range option and choose Cookies and other data.
- Tap Clear data.
FIX 5: Steps to Disable the Prediction Service in Chrome
The prediction service helps in increasing the speed of browsing through saving a web page. However, it takes plenty of system resources and so often causes an error.
Follow the provided instructions to disable the prediction service in Chrome:
- Go to Google Chrome and then tap on three dots at the corner of the browser.
- Choose Settings and hit Advanced.
- Input Privacy and security.
- Locate Apply prediction service to load fast then disable it.
- Start the browser again.
FIX 6: Steps to Disable the Anti Malware Software
Sometimes the errors get fixed after the user turns off the security software, but some programs are constant while scanning the website online, and that is why the users are unable to reach the external site.
In case you need to disable the anti-malware software, then you need to follow the offered steps:
- Click Ctrl + Alt + Delete to go to Task Manager.
- Locate the anti-malware software procedure.
- Right-click and choose End Task.
FIX 7: Steps to Reboot the Router
Go through the offered steps to reboot the router:
- Unplug the router for a few minutes.
- Plug it again and check the error still exist.
- Don’t use reset option on the modem as it is to reset settings to factory.
John Smith is a technology enthusiast who loves writing about new advancements and IT threats on a regular basis. Her work focuses on the latest advancements in the realm of technology, social media, and cyber security at norton.com/setup.
Created on Nov 27th 2019 06:19. Viewed 449 times.