How to Customize Search Tool on Windows 10by Isa Bella SEO Strategist
Windows 10 has various features for its users and one of them is the search feature located at the taskbar. If we talk about the search feature, we can say that Windows 10 provided a dedicated page having multiple search options located inside the Settings application.
Here, we will focus on how to customize search features by navigating the Settings application so that the users can avail of most of its functions. Pursue these easy and effortless methods to customize your Search features on Windows 10:
Managing Windows 10 Search History
- First of all, tap the Windows logo and “I” key simultaneously to launch the page of Windows Settings.
- Then, go to the “Search” tab and hit on it.
- After that, you will see a particular page as default related to History and Permissions.
- Now, navigate to the right-hand side section and tap the History tab there. Then, look for the option “My Device History” and toggle it On and Off.
Note: The Off mode will restrict Windows from collecting search histories and retaining all the search-related data for the future. In case you want to view search tasks and other related activities, then turn it On.
- If you desire to delete all the fetched data that had done already, then tap the available “Clear my device history” tab.
Including Cloud Related Content into Search List
- First and foremost, apply the right mouse click on the “Start” tab and then hit the option “Settings” by navigating the menu of Window+X.
- After that, go to the Search option. Then locate the section “History and Permission.” Once you got it, then tap on it to expand its options.
- Navigate to the right-hand side panel of your screen just below the “Cloud Content Search” section. Then, you will get various options such as School and Work accounts, Microsoft Account, etc.
- Then, you can toggle between On and Off mode to enable and disable Cloud-related search contents as per your preference.
- After selecting your desired choice, you can check your OS and download the result from your selected account.
Enforcing Limits for Your Search Results
- First and foremost, tap the “Window” key to access various options.
- Then hit the Settings option to expand.
- After that, press the search section.
- Navigate to the right-hand side section of your page and look for the option “SafeSearch.” Here, you will be provided various options such as Moderate, Strict and Off. You have to choose a compatible option for your Windows to show web previews.
Note: This feature always set to moderate. You can modify its restrictions as per your choice to customize search settings.
Customizing Search by Using Enhanced Search Mode
- Firstly, you have to tap the “Start” menu.
- Then hit the “Settings” option and after that, tap on “Search.”
- Now, choose the searching subsection windows located at the left-hand side of the screen’s sidebar.
- Navigate to the right-hand side section of your window and locate the “Find My Files” section. There you will see two different options: Enhanced and Classic.
- Next, select the “Enhanced” mode, if you wish to retain extensive search consists of desktop and library.
Customizing Search by Excluding Folders While Searching
This feature prevents your data from data like and showcasing to others as some files contain various secret and confidential data. You can exclude those folders that you don’t want to display in search results. To do the same, follow these instructions:
- First of all, tap the Settings icon to launch it, and then navigate to the section “Search.”
- After that, go to the section “Searching Windows” that will be located on the left-hand side of your screen.
- Now, move towards Excluded Folders, and you will find various paths through the list.
- In case you wish to restrict any of your desired folders, then hit the excluded folder related tab and then select your desired one. Otherwise, you may select any of the listed folders.
- If you wish to have index any folder, then select it and then tap on remove option. It will remove it from excluded folders listing to make it indexed.
Previous Article:- How to Fix Search Problems in Windows 10
Created on Feb 20th 2020 05:13. Viewed 118 times.