How to connect AirPods With iPhone or iPad via Shortcuts Appby karen minton I am a software engineer
It is no news that Apple makes amazing products, even if we talk about devices for listening to music. The year 2016 was the year when Apple released its first AirPods and it has come a long way. It’s a revolutionary device to hear the music because of the sound, connectivity, and in designing, it nailed every feature. Currently, AirPods is a preferred device for billions of people around the world. People love everything about Airpods, and undoubtedly the only thing that annoys the user is its process of connectivity.
For a single user, connectivity is simple, but when switching to another device, it takes so much time. If you are facing the same issue, then you need to know how can you solve this. AirPods are wireless headphones and in order to make connectivity easier, you need to use some shortcuts app. There are some options that you need to select and shortcuts can easily complete the whole process in a few seconds on your single command.
Connect AirPods Automatically from Shortcuts with Your Device
Shortcuts is an amazing app created by Apple for the iPhone and iPad users. After you set up the whole procedure in the shortcuts app once, then you don’t need to repeat the whole procedure again while switching to another device. For completing the process, you need to have a shortcuts app on your iPhone or iPad device. Apart from this, you also have to keep AirPods in your ears instead of keeping them in case.
- Run Shortcuts app.
- Click on the Automation tab.
- Select +.
- Choose to Create Personal Automation.
- Tap on Open App.
- Click on Choose.
- Now you need to select the app that you want to get in use at the time of command. You can also find the apps in the search bar in the menu to search apps faster.
- Select Done.
- Click Next.
- Tap Add Action.
- Select Scripting.
- Choose Set Playback Destination in the section of the scripting menu.
- Now in the blue parameter, you need to write the name of the device. Keep things in mind that AirPods are in your ears.
- Click on Airpods in the menu section.
- Choose Next.
- Select Switch after it shows up Ask Before Running so your AirPods will automatically after opening one app or multiple.
- Click Don’t Ask.
- Choose Done.
This whole procedure is not available in the automation, and that is why you need to make it whole on your own. It is indeed a long procedure, but after selecting and saving all modes, you will make things easier for the next time. Your device will take up to 25 to 30 seconds to complete this whole process with just one command.
Connect AirPods from a Shortcuts with Your Device
You have already seen the whole process of connecting AirPods automatically, but if you don’t want to connect it automatically, then you can do it as well. Shortcuts app on iPad and iphone is one of the most amazing apps to do long processes in a few seconds. All you have to make an adjustment in the shortcuts app.
- Start Shortcuts App.
- Click on + icon.
- Select Add Action.
- Choose Scripting.
- Click on Set Playback Destination if you are under the Scripting menu.
- In the blue parameter, you are required to write the name as the default device.
- Select on AirPods on the menu.
- Click on …
- Write a name on your shortcut.
- Choose the icon for selection background color & new glyph for shortcuts
- Click Add to Home Screen if you are willing to add the icon for the shortcut on the home screen.
- You can write a name for that shortcut on the home screen as well.
- Select Add.
- Choose Done.
You can customize it whenever you want, and with the help of these shortcuts, you can connect the AirPods device in an easy way. Shortcuts have made things easier for lots of users, and you can be one of them if you follow these steps. All you have to swipe down from the right corner of your device. Then make a command of long-press music panel and tap AirPlay alongside your AirPods.
Created on Feb 28th 2020 03:28. Viewed 453 times.