How do i Add a Site Exception to Norton Antivirus?by Dusican Consas Norton Support Australia +61 388205068
Norton antivirus smart firewall and Norton family features both come with an option to add an exception when required. You have to add an exception for an application that wants to access the internet or a particular website to function like VoIP application through the software’s smart firewall.
So here, Norton Tech Support provided the relevant and complete procedure in order to add an exception to both the firewall and family. Just go through the below-described steps properly.
1. Add an exception to Firewall
- Firstly, double-click on the security program’s icon on the desktop to open it and then go to the Settings tab and click on it to open settings page.
- Then click on the Network tab and then click on Smart Firewall and choose Program rules.
- Now tap on the Add button and then find the program that you want to add as an exception.
- After finding the program, click on it to launch the security alert wizard. Then click on Options and then select Allow always from the drop-down box and then click OK.
- Then click on the Apply button and then click OK to put the exception in action.
2. Add an exception to Norton family
- Open the security program and go to the settings tab and click on the ‘General tab’ and then click on the ‘Other settings’ on the left pane of the window.
- Then tap on ‘Norton family’ and you will be directed to the main website.
- After that click on sign in and enter the account credentials and then select the account which you want to edit.
- Now click on ‘web option’ and then select ‘specific websites to allow’ option and enter the full URL of the website in the text field.
- In the end, click on Add to list button to add the website and then tap on save button.
If you get stuck in any of the given steps, then call us at our Norton Technical Support +61 388205068 and get full assistance from our experts in the best possible way. You can also connect with us via live chat or email.
Created on Aug 29th 2018 03:05. Viewed 256 times.