High-tech Gadgets Popular with Schools in Kolkataby BHS Mukundapur Team Best CBSE School in Kolkata
Tech tools are bringing big time changes in classrooms. Educationists all over the world are backing them. Most believe that technology can prepare students for the future. Some reputed schools in Kolkata are using them and the results are quite exciting. Let’s have a look at them:
1. Creative Spaces: Classrooms of the future should fit the bill. Gone are the days when what we meant as classroom props included blackboards, chalks, tables and chairs. Today, it is about creative spaces.
Classrooms with ergonomically designed furniture pieces bring students in closer proximity to improve the learning experience. Some schools have reading zones in shapes of a talking tree, a hut or a bench. Classroom props are so designed to help children develop their imagination.
When we’re children, we could not even think that mathematics labs can be exciting at all. How we wish we had something like furniture pieces with mathematical equations engraved on them, stair treads with multiplication tables etc.
2. Projectors: Not new on the block, projectors have been primarily used for displaying lectures or presentations. Some schools are using them to display educational interactive images to enhance the experience of students and instructors.
One can hook up the latest projectors with any portable devices.
3. Smartboards: The smartboards are 1-step ahead of interactive projectors. Schools use smartboards from a wide range of models. The look of a smartboard is just like a whiteboard. You can write on them with digital markers.
Some schools record the whole day activities on smartboards. Teachers send recorded clips to the parents of absentee students so that the later could easily make up for the loss and get back on track.
4. Promethean Boards: A Promethean board is a far more technologically advanced version of a smartboard where activities are as limitless as the imagination. These are giant touch screens where students can modify images or guide online explorations.
What’s best? Schools located in other parts of the globe can hold classes simultaneously. Students can interact with each other and share ideas. They just need access to the signal.
5. Tablets and Laptops: Computers, laptops and tablets are no longer new things in classrooms. Schools in developed nations have been using them for long. Most of the top ranking schools in Kolkata hold classes of computers separately.
Individual computers are connected via LAN and also have access to the internet via the school ERP. Some schools have brought their premises under Wi-Fi. The aim is to open the vast world of knowledge to students.
6. Digital Textbooks: Textbooks don’t come cheap. Also, paper made textbooks are not at all eco-friendly. Many schools in the city have replaced them with digital textbooks.
A few years back, digital textbooks looked exactly the same as their paper made peers. No more so. Unlike their predecessors, they now look like some digital programme or online database.
Schools like BHS high school are using educational gadgets to engage students, parents and teachers with the activities of the school. Educationists are leveraging the power of tech tools to offer real-world experience to students and promote self-study.
Created on Jun 18th 2019 07:02. Viewed 516 times.