Here’s How You Can Update Your Chromebookby Mila Williams I'm a web Developer
Keeping our devices updated is necessary for their better functioning. And software updates are essential as they ensure the protection of our devices from a malware infection or security breach. They also fix the bugs and offer many new features to enjoy. But, some of the people usually skip the updates or forget to upgrade the software of their devices. Well, this should not happen. Fortunately, many modern devices come with an auto-update feature. That means their operating system gets automatically upgraded after some time. The same goes for Chromebook computers as well. Chromebooks are great alternatives to Mac and Windows computers and are used by millions of users. They can be used for all purposes and provide you with an amazing experience. Like all the Windows and Mac computers, Chromebooks also has an auto-update feature that upgrades its operating system from time to time.
Are you also one of the users of Chromebook? Have you also missed any update for your Chromebook’s operating system and now don’t know how to do that? If that is the situation you are dealing with, then no need to worry at all. We have got you covered. Here, in our following article, we are going to tell you how you can update your Chromebook computer? So, to get the methods, please read the complete article.
The Method to Update Your Chromebook
The operating system of a Chromebook computer gets updates within six weeks. The updates are automatically downloaded and installed in the background. To update your Chromebook, make sure that you have a stable Wi-Fi connection. These software updates are security-related, and they also make your computer faster and convenient to use, and that is why installing them is a good idea. These updates are much quicker and simple as compared to Windows and Mac computers. The whole process of updating a Chromebook is an easy task that includes some simple steps that anyone can follow without any difficulty. The procedure will take only a few minutes to complete. So, to get the best computing experience of your Chromebook computer and to ensure the safety of your computer and your personal information stored in it, here’s what you need to do. Have a look below:
The Steps to Update a Chromebook
As mentioned earlier, there is a default feature in Chromebook that checks for the updates from time to time and installs them automatically at an appropriate time whenever a stable Wi-Fi connection is available to use. But, you can also manually check for the updates and install them whenever they are available. Here’s how to do that:
- To get started with the procedure, switch on your Chromebook computer, and log in with your password.
- Connect your Chromebook with a stable internet connection.
- Now, click on the “Time” indicator that should be placed in the lower right corner of your computer’s screen.
- After this, a pop-out interface will appear on your screen in which you need to click on the “Settings” icon that you can see in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- And now, you will reach your Chromebook’s settings window. Here, you have to click on the option of the “About Chrome OS” that is located on the left menu panel at the bottom of your computer’s screen.
If you are using an older version of the Chrome OS, then firstly, you need to click on the “Hamburger” menu icon that should be in the top left corner of the settings window.
- Next up, the “About Chrome OS” interface will appear on your screen. Here, select the option of “Check for Updates”.
- And after this, the Chrome OS will check if there are any updates available. And if any updates are available, then they will get downloaded automatically.
- After downloading the update, you will need to restart your computer to complete the procedure. To do that, click on the “Restart” button.
- Lastly, wait for some time until your Chromebook computer restarts, and then log in to your desktop by entering your password. And that’s it. You have successfully updated your Chromebook.
So, this was about how you can update your Chromebook. Try this procedure now to check the available updates. And to have more information like this, you can visit our website. And stay connected to us.
Mila is a Blog expert and has been working in the technology industry since 2003. As a technical expert, Mila has written technical blogs, manuals, white papers, and reviews for many websites such as Peer Ny
Created on Aug 25th 2020 02:52. Viewed 76 times.