FIX: ALPS POINTING DEVICE DRIVER ERROR ON WINDOWS 10?by Alexa Thomson I am an accountancy expert who has worked with
Lenovo laptops often lead to Alps Pointing Device Driver Error of Windows 10 and the error hinders the users in booting the device. If you are facing a similar error in your device, then obtain a fix to it through below-written instructions.
Turn off Alps Pointing Device Service
In case you intend to turn off the service of the Alps pointing device, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Hold the Win + R keys at the same time on your system to launch the Run section.
- After that, input ‘msconfig’ and press the Enter button to proceed.
- When you see a System Configuration screen, move to the Services section.
- You should find the Alps SMBus Monitor Service, then unselect is a parallel section.
- To create the modification successfully, Reboot the system, and in case “Alps Service” is the reason for the over error, it will solve the problem.
Upgrade the Drivers of Alps Pointing Device
If the users are trying to upgrade the drivers of the Alps pointing device, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- Go to the Start button and right-click over it on your system.
- After that, select the Device Manager.
- Select and extend the category of ‘Mice and other pointing devices.’
- Then reach the Alps pointing device. Now right-click on it and then choose the Update driver.
- Later, click on the Search automatically for drivers.
- Now, you have to wait for PC to scan and download then install the updates of the driver automatically.
Install Touchpad Drivers Again
In case you intend to install touchpad drivers again, then you can opt to follow the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Go to the taskbar search section and input ‘devmgmt.msc’ into it.
- Thereafter, press the Enter key.
- After launching the Device Manager, check the categories and extend the ‘Mice and other pointing devices.’
- Go to the appears list, select the Alps pointing device, then right-click on it.
- Then you should click on the Uninstall device option.
- Now, you have two options to select for either install the needed drivers and go to the site of the manufacturer to download.
- Alternatively, install the default MS drivers again via the Device Manager.
- Then select the Action button and select the Scan for hardware changes option.
- It will be going to install the driver again automatically.
- Finally, restart the system and check whether the error of Alps pointing Device Driver continues or not.
Install Applicable Windows Update
If the users are trying to install the applicable update, then they should carefully apply the given steps.
- Go to the Start menu on your system and select the cog button to launch the Windows Settings application.
- After that, click on the Windows and Security option.
- Reach the left-hand side panel and select the Windows Update panel.
- Then go towards the right-hand side and select the ‘Check for updates’ option.
- The PC will begin scanning for applicable updates.
- Now, select the Download button and whether a restart is needed for installing them.
Prevent Unwanted Apps and Services
In case you intend to prevent unwanted apps and services, then you can opt to pursue the below-mentioned guidelines.
- Navigate to the taskbar section and input ‘msconfig’ into it on your system.
- Then hit the Enter key.
- Reach the Services section and tick the ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ box.
- You should select the Disable all option on the similar section.
- Switch to the Startup section and choose the only URL which reads ‘Open Task Manager.’
- In the Startup section and click on the items particularly.
- Then select the Disable option.
- Once you turn off the items, reach the System Configuration screen and choose the Apply then an OK button.
- Now, you have to restart the system to load along with the least set of apps. In case of error of Alps Pointing Device Driver doesn’t show, then it’s among the turned-off services that causing the problem.
- Finally, turn on them individually and locate the actual issue.
Delete Apoint.Exe File and Apoint2k Folder Respectively
- Hold the Win + E keys at the same time on your system to launch the File Explorer.
- After that, go to the folder of ‘C:\Program Files\Apoint2K’.
- Once you find the folder, you need to copy-paste it over the desktop in the form of a backup.
- You should find the file label ‘Apoint.exe’ to remove it.
- Upon a prompt of an alert text, select the OK to continue with the deletion.
- Now, reboot the system and check whether the error of Alps Pointing Device Driver is fixed.
Alexa Thomson is an inventive person who has been doing intensive research in particular topics and writing blogs and articles on quicken support and many other accounting software-related topics. She is a very knowledgeable person with lots of experience.
Created on Apr 11th 2020 04:49. Viewed 244 times.